Apacs

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by druss, Nov 3, 2009.

1. druss

druss Regular Member

Ok so I hear a lot about Apacs and want to try one out. Right now I use an Arcsaber 10 and looks like I'll be getting the Z right away. Want to see if the hype for Apacs has something behind it.

Looking for mostly an offensive racket, anyone recommend one?

2. texin7

texin7 Regular Member

student
    go 4 lethal 70 or tantrum 200.they are the best...i reckon lethal 70 is more head heavy attacking racket..visible hollow 1800 is also another nice apacs racket

3. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    waiting for apacs to create the other Z slash........... hehehehe

4. druss

druss Regular Member

Ok, thanks for the input. Apacscanada does not have the tantrum 200 listed, only a 150 and 300. Has anyone tried the 300?

5. adonis

adonis Regular Member

DC Badminton Panda Power Australian Distributor, S
    how does the lethal range compare with the visible hollow range? i know the VH range has a hollow shaft n all that. but arent both ranges pretty similar in the racket characteristics? they're both stiff, durable, and head heavy. whats the diff?

6. thejym

thejym Regular Member

I imagine that the main difference would lie in the feel of the racket. From what I hear, the VH rackets feel "different" than normal rackets, which makes sense since the hollow shaft serves to reduce vibrations (thus giving a different feel).

What's the difference among any stiff, head-heavy racket? It seems to come down to specifics (ie. relative head-heaviness, relative stiffness, frame cross-section, feel, etc).

7. druss

druss Regular Member

Ok well I've ordered the Lethal 70, Visible Hollow 1800 and Tantrum 300. We'll see how they work out.

8. texin7

texin7 Regular Member

student
    ya.....keep us posted with ur thoughts druss....

9. adonis

adonis Regular Member

yeah give us a review in comparison to the other 2 rackets :)

10. sangoku

sangoku Regular Member

student affair
    please make a comparison between the lethal 70 and the other 2 rackets. cos i own a lethal 70 myself and very curious about the tantrum series .

11. loveleo

loveleo Regular Member

I currently felt vibration of the handle when I do powerful smashes and clears. The handle rotates a little when it hits the shuttle. I also had this experience when I was playing tennis. I think it was because some times the ball did not hit the center line of the racket. I wonder if it would be better with the visible hollow.

12. druss

druss Regular Member

They have shipped so I should have them mid next week. Will be able to trial them on Friday.

13. druss

druss Regular Member

Here is what it says on the apacsCanada website on the 70.

Double shaft is replaced with the hollow shaft with a NEW design T-join. That limit the twist angle to 4 degree during our torsion test. It provide a super stable frame during the powerful smash. Frame is much stronger and Max. Tension can go up to 45lbs.

Sounds like they put in an internal T-Joint like Yonex. Not sure if the 60 had that or not but it would help avoid the twisting

14. texin7

texin7 Regular Member

student
    use all the rackets 4 atleast 6-10 hours before giving review...this can help u to get used to the racket....im just waiting 2 hear from u..realy busting to get 1 out of those 3 and not sure which 1...lol

15. texin7

texin7 Regular Member

student
    i was looking in the apacs fan club forum abt vh1800....some ppl commenting its a good doubles racket, where us many others saying its a head heavy singles racket....any comments guys?

16. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    Well the Tantrum 200 is close to AT900T, but AT is head heavier and more powerful, but lacks a little in feel compared to the tantrum. I think the 300 is head heavier, and more heavy (3U instead of 4U) compared to the 200, so it should feel more like the AT900T, only with a more flexy shaft, kind of like how the Trixon 8 is compared to the Powerplay 9990.

17. keong2

keong2 Regular Member

manager
    Your racket is damaged. The stapling at the wooden part of the inner grip to the shaft was not done properly. It is a frequent quality defect.

18. adonis

adonis Regular Member

are you sure you are correct? i thought the tantrum is a racket similar to the Ti10, a fairly light, balanced to slightly head heavy racket that packs a punch.

19. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    Well I've never used the Ti10, but my friend owned both a Tantrum 200 and AT900T 4U (until his pristine Tantrum 200 died in a clash with my super beat up, super chipped up MP99 SP code. That thing is indestructible.) so I played 2 matches with him, the first using the T200 while he used the AT, and for the second we flip flopped. That what my analysis is based on. Both rackets were strung with Ashaway MicroLegend at 26 lbs (drop weight constant pull), but of course, each player is different, YMMV.

And sadly I have never had the pleasure of weilding a Ti-10, but based on what I like right now, I'd love it.

20. adonis

adonis Regular Member

Oh I guess if you have a 4U AT900T then I probably can understand where you're coming from. I personally have the 3U AT900T.

Btw, have heard semi-good reviews (although not many) of the Ashaway Microlegend strings? How do you find it? How does it compare to like the thinner Yonex strings like BG 66, BG85 and NBG 98?

I know this is off topic but I'm just curious :p