Taufik's thoughts after his match against LD

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2009' started by Destricto_Ense, Nov 1, 2009.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^That BWF SS Masters Final invitation..^^

..only reflects the top 8 players or pairs based on SS total ranking points.
    So, if LD is ranked #9 at the end of this yr, he is not considered a "true" Super Series player??..And say, if Joachim Persson is ranked #1, is he considered a "true" Super Series player?...In my book, LinDan is, even if he is ranked outside of the top 10.:cool:

#161 ctjcad, Nov 4, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    second day or second game?
    anyway, i too wish TH win some titles. What's good for TH is good for badminton as he also has many fans worldwide. Good for badminton

ss or not, to me, it is how many and what kind of titles won. Also how the player perform on the court like did he try his hardest, does he has the wit to change his game plan to make a come back?

This time at the french open, taufik did something not usually done against LD, even tho he lost the 1st set, by a large margin, he change game plan and use what work on the 2nd set. Usually, he just folds or wind down the match.

#162 cooler, Nov 4, 2009
  3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

It depends..

..what kind of titles are you referring to??.."Kacang Puteh Brand" local championships? Satellite tourney? International tourney? GP? GP Gold? Super Series??..The All England??..:confused:;)

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Wasn't even sure if Lin Dan was interested to be a SS player

That's the point.

At one stage, I wasn't even sure if Lin Dan was interested to be a SS player. It's because he was missing from a few SS tournaments.

Lin Dan is a great player. But if he wishes not to be involved in SS tournaments, we have to respect his wishes.

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^My point was..^^

..we, at least myself, can't really use the BWF SS Masters Finals invitation to determine who are the "true" Super Series players/pairs. Because simply, they're ranked based on the total ranking pts (accummulated pts).
    Ruling is, only the top 8 players/pairs are able to participate in the SS Masters Final.

That's why i brought up a scenario, if LD was ranked no.9 (outside of the top 8), he wouldn't be able to qualify to participate (unless 1 or more players from the top 8 refuse to attend). And if Joachim Persson was ranked #1, that doesn't necessarily qualify him to become a "true" Super Series player.
    In my book, LD is still a "true" Super Series player even if he is ranked outside of the top 10 (based on his performance).

#165 ctjcad, Nov 4, 2009
  6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Are we now talking about who are the better players overall?

Puzzled :confused::confused::confused:

Are we now talking about who are the better players overall, or who are the better SS players?

7. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Kwun? No (of course not...). cooler? Ermm.. yes (is that really that surprising)? You? No, I just think you have a weird or unusual view on some things hehe. For instance that cooler is apparently "not" a troll :rolleyes::p.

I don't see how you think your facts are any more "fact" than what the people who oppose you have put forward. You can bring up statistics all you like. You can twist things any way you choose. You can boast about all your so called facts, and the apparent lack of everyone else's, and why you're right and everyone else is wrong.

But in the end - what we're discussing here really IS down to personal opinion. There are NO real facts that can lead you to a definitive answer. Statistics can be interpreted as you choose. Take the media for example, and the way they manipulate them to form an often misleading idea. And as for consistent, definitions of such a broad meaning are just going to have to be down to the individual. It also depends on the context.

Why argue when no ONE answer is necessarily the right one? Everyone's own answer is right in their own case :).

That's quite biased though don't you think...... ONE Super Series title makes all the difference? That's no fact, that's just silly.

Before you say I'm contradicting myself... it's umm.. just my opinion that it's silly :D.

#167 phaarix, Nov 4, 2009
  8. mettayogi

mettayogi Regular Member

I believe you're trying to show BWF SS ranking rule is silly. I'm not convinced you've presented your case well.

IIUC, the SS Masters Finals ranking is based on "SS" ranking points. So if LD didn't participate enough SS to qualify, it's unfortunate but fair to exclude LD. If LD wants to play SS Masters Finals, he simply needs to play and win more SS points first.

BWF's goal, I believe, is to encourage top players to play many SS to establish SS as badminton's premiere events. If you can't convince fellow BCer that your criteria makes more sense, I don't think BWF should pay attention, either.

9. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    cooler: second game :)
    i too agree with you that taufik changed his game plan unlike the usual 'give up' stages he goes through. i hope it is a turning point for him in his career. Regardless, i also agree that taufik is a player people like to watch.

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    because TH is a provocative player;)

11. ytyang

ytyang Regular Member

I suppose if we replace the 'SS player' by the 'ELITE player' per cticad's criteria, then
    it might cause less confusion. So a player who has won a SS title may not qualify,
    nor an OG winner. Even TH is not in it, it still does not preclude him from being a legendary player.
    One may or may not agree with cticad's criteria, but he does present his case
    understandable. Just my opinion.

12. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    same here in the soccer stadiums, but we're talking about Badminton:eek: and that's completely different all over the world,:cool: except in that country called 'mainland':D:D:D

13. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    that's the problem of having a unique book no others know about LOL:D:D:D

14. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    How do you know what Lin Dan is thinking or what his dreams are?:confused::confused:
    Beside of the fact that all of us would like to get statements, thoughts - whatever- frequently - simply again a fact Taufik is miles (or ages:eek:) in front of him:D:D:D - do we not simply see only the results of LYB's wishes and thoughts:confused: - or what was it at the All England before Olympics :confused:
    I don't wanna reopen that topic again we all over the world complaint a lot (except the chinese fellows supporting that 'unfair play') --- just don't do such statements - or are we talking here to the under cover Lin Dan:eek:

#174 kuwichert, Nov 4, 2009
  15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Taufik Hidayat should be included as one of the top SS level players

IMHO, Taufik Hidayat should be included as one of the top SS level players.

Currently, Taufik is ranked as the No.3 player in the SS tournaments (as at 29-Oct-2009):
    click here

#175 chris-ccc, Nov 4, 2009
  16. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

None of us can speak for Lin Dan (except for LYB)

:D:D:D Correct... None of us can speak for Lin Dan (except for LYB).
    Kindly point out the post that I have appeared to be the spokesperson for Lin Dan.

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Okay...here we go again..let's have a bit more fun..another long one..

:p..*sigh* it seems like you guys are not catching my point of argument here.

One more time, here it is:
    I am only concerned about players' Super Series records. No WC, OG records needed as comparison because i am not concerned abt those.
    ..neither. I'm referring to your post #160 in regards to your idea of what is a "True" Super Series player/pair. You brought up using the SS Masters Final Qualification system to filter out which players should be on that "True" Super Series players/pair list.
    And then of course, i gave a counter-argument (post #161 & 165), after your post, on why i don't think one can use the SS Masters Final Qualification system to justify whether a player should be on the "True" Super Series players list.

Btw, what do you mean by "True"??..is there a "False" Super Series players list?
    - So tell or show me what have those people, who are on the opposite side of my argument, shown?
    I know earlier on, you mentioned you look for a player who consistently makes it to the Semifinals and Finals Rds. as your criteria and suggested Taufik falls under that.
    I then sort of debunked what you proposed by bringing forth facts (using Taufik's SS record). It showed otherwise that Taufik wasn't consistent in reaching the Semifinals and Finals Rds., **until** this yr. Which i accept. Yet, it seems everyone else is closing an eye in looking @ TH's SS record since 2007 and the fact that he's SS title-less.
    No, i'm not twisting anything. And no, i don't think i'm trying to prove i'm right and everyone else is wrong. Like i mentioned, i'm willing to listen if anyone can find any contradiction in my argument.

- I laid down my point of argument and criterias on who and what i consider a Super Series player, earlier on; actually a couple of times. I also laid down facts, in one of my earlier posts by showing links to LD, LCW and TH's records. I don't know what other facts are needed to show a definitive answer.
    So, tell me/us, what is your definition of "consistent".

- Sure, you can make your own claim of whatever you want. I can make my own as well. And so far, i've given enough facts to back up my argument & point of contention (which i hope you're crystal clear). Maybe i haven't been too clear, yet, there is still no one to show me that my argument is off. Even hcyong could figure out what i meant..:cool:

- Silly? in what way? Isn't Super Series record & titles what i'm trying to put forth here and the point of my whole argument/contention??..Both players have roughly the same percentage competing in the SS. Tony G. has one title. Taufik has nil.
    - Yes, that's sort of what i'm trying to show abt BWF's current SS ranking system. Hmm, on the other hand, I don't think you really get my point of using the LD & JP scenarios.

Please re-read my posts (#161 & 165).

- I totally understand BWF's goal/intention in creating the SSMF by selecting only the top 8 ranked players. And i totally understand that LD needs to attend more SS to gather enough pts and qualify for the SSMF.

- My whole point is in contrast to chris@ccc's argument of let's use the SSMF Qualification system to figure out who are the "True" Super Series players.
    So my question is: If LD was able to attend less SS thus collecting less SS ranking pts, and ranked outside of the top 10, does that make him "less" of a "True" Super Series player? IMO, no, it does not. That's my whole point.
    ..we can use any term, actually. But i'm using the "Super Series" level player for my case of argument & that is to point out who are, in my book, the "Super Series level" player.
    hcyong's suggestion of "Super Series champion level player" is probably more defined & what i should've used to clear up everything.
    ..you can call it unique. But, imo, it's a pretty simple concept. I've even provided the criterias.:cool:

#177 ctjcad, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  18. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    don't worry, I'm not searching LOL:D you didn't - no point to discuss, but since we will never know his wishes - how to respect them:eek:, or in other words, nothing to respect:confused::confused:
    so - just forget it

19. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    okydoky, in order to get that one line filled, lets support Taufik next in HK during semi matches:D:D if he gets the winner he gets a good chance to appear in your book and it is no more as boring as it is right now:cool: or would you replace LD in your book in this case:eek:

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Abso-taufik-lutely, he will get in the book..^^

..yes, finally, you figure out on what Taufik needs to do!!:cool:
    Yes, your Taufik will probably get in my book should he finally win a SS title...;)..LD & LCW will remain there..

#180 ctjcad, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2009