Taufik's thoughts after his match against LD

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2009' started by Destricto_Ense, Nov 1, 2009.

1. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Cmon chris, that'll be true to any player. As they got past their prime, their performance will drop. No one can fight father time. Look at Tony G. He's an OG and WC winner, yet what has he accomplished recently? I doubt anyone will ever accuse Tony's OG and WC winnings as "gifted" though.

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Oh, Tony G.??..^^

..if i recall, he did win a SS title..:cool:..btw, you can't compare Tony G. who's past 30 y.o. to Taufik who is much younger..even Gade, who's older than Taufik, has won a few SS titles..:cool:

3. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Of course currently TH is clearly below LD and LCW. But mentioning his bad record against CJ and BCL to argue that he does not deserve his No.3 spot is not really fair. Yes TH is having a bad H2H against CJ and BCL; But on the other hand he is having very good H2H against PG, SDK and PSH, who are at the same level as CJ and BCL.

A point is a point. GP points may be cheap, but SS points are not. TH earned his 35K SS points by consistently beating lesser players (which many other top players fail to do), and furthermore winning a good share of matches against top ones.

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    but many top players don't lose to JP before, an that was when JP was just entering the pro circuit. LOL. Maybe TH gave out too many good advice to JP (when TH was help out JP on the sideline during a JP's match).

#144 cooler, Nov 4, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

like i said before, chinese pros were trained to beat TH as one of their nemesis. TH voodoo doll and pic on dart board, the whole shebang LOL

#145 cooler, Nov 4, 2009
  6. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

What are you talking about? TH lost to JP in last year's Japan Open, which is already more than 1 year ago, and we are talking about his current 35K SS points here.

7. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Not really. Chinese players are good at power, speed, and stamina. So they will do well against opponents who are not good at these. Coincidently, in the current MS top 10, TH is the worst on these issues. :cool:

8. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Some here would say that Taufik is over 30 as well. :p

Tony G's SS title was from 2007. His last title (of any tourney) was a GP gold title this year. His record is even worse than Taufik in term of in SS events this year(best result is a lone SF appearance). Point is, his performance now is nowhere near what he has during his hey-day...just like Taufik is....but you wouldn't call Tony's OG and WC winning as gifted/stolen, wouldn't you?

9. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    yep, exactly, and most fun is watching chinese spectators on their home soil if the match doesn't go as they did pray for:D:D:D
    the no respect for any other player is something I really hate but I had to watch many times - the crowd simply goes home if their fellows are loosing, even it is the final match and their fellows have to enter the podium for the ceremony - they will simply stand allone as I had seen a couple of times watching chinese open in Guangzhou:mad::mad::mad: they have no respect, they look at you as if you're from outta space when you show your respect and clapp your hands for simply great badminton, no idea at all of what sports is all about, it's always civil war:eek:

10. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant

#150 kuwichert, Nov 4, 2009
  11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

relax.
    If you're a soccer fan in england and sat alone in the 'wrong' fan section.
    They will beat the crap out of u. Getting stare at isn't that painful:p

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

oh, i wasn't following your guys debating TH being ss player or not. All i know is no SS winner has lost to JP before lol. Mind u, i was impressed by JP at the recent french open.

13. arowana

arowana Regular Member

-

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

#154 cooler, Nov 4, 2009
  15. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    I will just say you're extremely provocative in what you choose to post...

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i ask u, who like to read boring stuffs?

don't deny yourself, i welcome any good positive spin u have on TH. Please inform/educate us all. This thread is your platform. Please be my guest

#156 cooler, Nov 4, 2009
  17. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Kendrick Lee beat CJ, a feat that Kendrick never did against any other SS winners...
    CL beat LCW, a feat that CL never did against any other SS winners....
    Hardly unique.

18. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    just watched the final, lin dan won convincingly :)... however, taufik, in the second day did show glimpse of class.
    i do hope TH will get his SS soon

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I'm feelin' it..

- Now you're calling people with 15,000 posts as trolls?? my man, kwun and cooler have much more posts than me. are you gonna call them trolls too??..:eek::confused:
    - I've given my reasons and facts to back up my argument. How about those who don't agree. What reasons and facts do they have to provide to counter my argument?..
    - Btw, no one is suggesting Taufik is not a world class player. All i've been mentioning (if you've been reading) is he is not a Super Series level player or not a Super Series champion level player. Comprende??..
    - Don't underestimate BCers from the U.S. or North America just because there's not much badminton going on here..:cool:
    - What about your gallant knight??..sure he made it to the Finals in the recent Denmark Open. Question now is, can he be consistent and do the same feat 80% of the time?..:confused:
    - No, i have 2 names which i'll give a chance, as i already mentioned: LD and LCW.
    - Age cheating, eh, for Taufik...:eek:
    - Yeah, it was from 2007 & it still counts, doesn't it? It ain't matter & i don't care if it's from 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011. Point is, he has one in his back pocket in comparison to Taufik. Yes, i know Tony hasn't done very well. It's expected and no one is surprised considering his age and lack of training time.
    I wouldn't call Tony's OG and WC title as gift or stolen because he's proven himself by winning a SS, basically, at the downside of his career. He also did it with a half-retired ex-compatriot w/lack of full time training.
    - How about Taufik?? Should we gift or just hand him a SS title??..:eek::confused:
    - If you've been reading my posts in this thread, I've never used their H2H records as the basis of my argument. I'm only referring to their overall SS record (from its inception in 2007).
    - That's my whole point on how TH was able to garner 35k pts. Please read again my post #108.

20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Who are the 'true' Super Series players

Just visiting this thread again. Found that we are now talking about 'who are the true SS players'.

If we are just talking only about who are the 'true' SS level players (for whatever year), then we could pay attention to BWF's invitations to their SS players who qualify to participate in their SS Masters Finals.

For the 2009 SS Masters Finals, there are still 2 more tournaments for players to qualify, namely:
    * 2009 Hong Kong Open (10-15 Nov)
    * 2009 China Open (17-22 Nov)

So, why not let the BWF SS Qualifying System decide who are the 'true' SS level players?

#160 chris-ccc, Nov 4, 2009