How did your rackets break?

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by yy_ling, Oct 18, 2006.

1. bowi12

bowi12 Regular Member

student
    I've never had a broken racket. But I've only been playing for about 2 years. I got my mp25 about 1,5 years ago, and it's still good. My strings are still the same also.

2. mal1988

mal1988 Regular Member

For the record, my AT900P was 36 hours old, only was used in 1 game and it broke during WARM-UP! The MP29 was clashed probably twice or three times so that wasn't too unexpected - but the AT900 snapping in thin air after 1 game, with NO clashes and NO mishits (frame shots etc) was totally unexpected....especially after I baby'd the racket during the time it was intact.

3. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    broke 1 nanospeed 6000 went for a smash slice had it basically vertical, framed it and it cracked.

4. hunterkillerz

hunterkillerz Regular Member

Student
    guess im a lucky guy, my AT500 has been thru hell (soo much chipped paint from clashes) and yet it's still good. used it for 4~5 yrs now. got chips at 8oclock and 4 oclock and along the top (the silver part)

5. cec2c1

cec2c1 Regular Member

1st

carbonex 7 i hit my frens MP 99 and ..the frame bent over

2nd
    at 700 hit the post..

6. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Here's my story:

Two days ago,i just lost my 800de to the stringing machine,to be exact,the string.My string,which is the mmoa nano power 66,broke in the middle of stringing process.It was set on 26,27.Then suddenly it broke,and the unbalanced tension around the racket force my racket to change its shape,and then..over.

Yesterday,my at300,strung with BG66 26,27.Just strung for a day,played only once.Then,i took out my rackets and put it on the sofa.Well,it's a habit,u know?Hehe..then,i go into my room n go online.Suddenly i hear broken string sound outside.Then i check out n found out that my at300 string is broken.Luckily,i found it out soon enough.AT300 survived.

Few months back,i also lost my arc10 to NBG98.I found that it's broken when i was opening the bag the next day after i played it a day before that. Never really used it though.I always pay attention to my rackets everyday,include its string.Not like it was worn n stuff.It was strung at 28,27lbs.

About two years ago,I also lost my TSF300A to a BG66.Happend in the middle of the stringing process,just like my 800de.Was strung at 27,28lbs.

It all happend in a great weather,which is not happend because of an extreme condition or so.

Is it just me,or someone else here also ever experienced the string broke by itself,even though it's not even worn out,since u haven't even really use it.Most likely not more than 3 times of playing.Or in the middle of the stringing process?Is it the 0.66 curse?or was it because the string is from the stock that's not properly sealed or old stocks?

#126 Smichz, Sep 16, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  7. bunsofsteel

bunsofsteel Regular Member

I don't even know how mine broke. I had a Armortec 800 that had only been used by me twice. It was used by my brother for one week but he got a new racket and he gave it to me. I was rallying with him until I cleared a birdie, and the birdie went sideways. I looked at it and it snapped on the head. I didn't hit it on the ground or anything.

8. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I told my racquet. "I don't love you anymore". And it break...

9. mettayogi

mettayogi Regular Member

Same here. Almost all my broken rackets are from clashing with different, incompetent doubles partners.

These days I prefer to miss a shot instead of clashing rackets with unfamiliar double partners.

10. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    Yonex armortec 250 : survived a few clashes in doubles and a few where I threw it up and missed the catch. thought it was a strong racket until I smashed it against the ground in frustration. IMHO , it is one of the most durable Yonex stick ever made.

11. tibetmonk

tibetmonk Regular Member

Last year, i stuffed by racket into a sling bag, with the grip handle protruding outwards... I pulled open a heavy glass door, the glass door hit my grip handle, and that was it.. racket snapped in half... FML... hahahahha

12. mal1988

mal1988 Regular Member

I just broke a fake TI-10, because of a clash.
    My partner in the game was left handed and on the right hand side of the court, and I'm the opposite (right handed, left side of the court). Things got interesting when our opponents hit to the middle of the court, as it's both of our forehands! A few near misses and then bang, both our rackets broke as we both went for a clear. I clearly said "MINE!", but my partner still went for it. Ahh well, it was only $35 and it was suprisingly good for a fake racket. Smashes and clears were terrific, and withheld BG-80 strings @ 27lbs.

13. tibetmonk

tibetmonk Regular Member

Well done guys.. I just posted about my freak accident today and my racquet broke 2 hours ago during a doubles game. Same incident as mal1988, though both of us are right handers.. was a Carlton 8800 Iso Power... partner using a yonex which didn't break... so I guess, Carlton is a bit more inferior than yonex? hahahha...

14. l_i_a_m

l_i_a_m Regular Member

my 3 weeks old - MP 33 passed away, "he" had a bright future ahead, but too bad "he" was murdered from behind, the killer smashed "him" just after "he" make a clear :(

15. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    i guess Ti1 is another durable yonex stick......
    mine has been in a hardcore clash with a proace racket, yet only the paint chips, and it has been dashed by netpost twice, while i am setting up the net.... its still on shape, and only the paint looks ugly.... i wonder when it will break :p:p hehehe

16. The Godfather

The Godfather Regular Member

Racket Stringer
    2 rackets in 2 weeks

My father broke two rackets in two weeks, one sotex cp2000 and one carlton airblade titinium. None of them were his but mine :crying::crying::crying:in for some cash now:D:D:D:D

17. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

Genji Racket

My racket broke into half without any impact.
    Racket details - Futabaya 500,Genji Sports

18. yongkewu

yongkewu Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Your broken racquet can be repair, if you are at Bayarea

I play at UBC 6:00pm-9:00pm Monday - Friday, 1:00pm-5:00pm weekends. it is possible to repair broken frame and handle.

19. bobbinbette

bobbinbette Regular Member

4 rackets
    at800df over time. a crack formed and a few more smashes broke it
    2x supernano pro 7. both broke while smashing during matches
    victor at ti-98. shaft cracked but surprisingly the head cracked during a misshit before the shaft gave in >.<

20. porroy

porroy Regular Member

technical
    a defensive stroke, blocking stance in the middle, my partner smash his racket to mine...