LCW VS LD in China Masters SF

Discussion in 'China Masters / Japan Open 2009' started by danielwong, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Aeolus

Aeolus Regular Member

Yes, agree strongly with what you said. My coach always tells me there are no limits to improvements you can make on your game and most importantly, personality and mentality.

2. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Well done Lin Dan :)

3. nunu27

nunu27 Regular Member

agree with u...

hehe... everytime MAS fans (i mean LCW fans) will make this kind of thread...:rolleyes:..good fans..:rolleyes:

4. terumaya

terumaya Regular Member

Aerospace Engineer
    haha, i am a chinese fans =) ofc a die hard LD fans =) i am trying to apply his attitude in my own pursue in life and sports ^^

5. badmintex

badmintex Regular Member

However good LD is but he never ever beats LCW in Malaysia soil.This is LD's next challenge. Another thing is LD also never wins a title of Indonesia Open SS regardless China team considers it is an important tournament or not.

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

what type of thread? Lin dan vs lcw thread?:rolleyes: or whitewash thread? remember this 2 thread always opened by both lcw and ld fans;)
    hehehe:D

7. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Very well said. He needs to conquer SEA next;) Wana watch how will he fare against LCW again if he play in Malaysia once again after 2006..:)

8. wenbodu

wenbodu Regular Member

Student
    I think LCW also has a psychological problem when facing LD. In their matches usually the first game is very close, but then he gets wiped out in the second or third game.

9. badmintex

badmintex Regular Member

The key of LD's mental toughness is that he can keep focusing in critical points even in game/match points. Look at how LD won the match in QF against PSH 23-21 at the deciding 3rd set for example.

10. wenbodu

wenbodu Regular Member

Student
    Haha, LD actually had a 20-15 lead in the 3rd in that match, but let PSH get it all back. But I was impressed by how once it got to 20-20 he was able to suddenly re-focus and played the last several points brilliantly.

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

It should be that way..

- With today's result, you should've stuck to your original version of LD 55:45 LCW..:cool:
    - You most likely overestimated PSH's rubber game effort and underestimated LD's effort in their match..
    - I think the better term is "bias" fans (yes, it goes across the board to any players)..no??..:confused::eek:
    - What i meant by "LCW has always had a 50-50 chance vs. LD" is, since i view LD and LCW as the current 2 top MS players, and considering there is only 1 winner and 1 loser in a match, i tend to view their matches as a 50-50 battle.
    Unfortunately, in this yr's China Masters SF match, LCW failed to live up to his expectation in the 3rd game as he wilted away in almost a similar fashion as Taufik did in the 2006 Japan Open MS Final.
    It's good P-Man was able to secure a Finals appearance to prevent a clean all-Chinese Finals. However, imo, i'm afraid the buck stops here and his chances of preventing a sea of red all across the board are slim and none.:p

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lol,so many CUTE comment here.
    showing how mature is the poster^^

13. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

I am puzzle by LCW action. If he really still had a nagging knee injury, why he play so many events this year? Like gold Grand prix. (lower than SS events)

I wonder if he play Japan Open after his lost here? If he really had some health issues, it will benefit him in long term not to play there, right?

Or he (or his fans) just used the health issues every time he lost as excuses and when he win titles, suddenly there are no talk about the health issues.

14. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

I do believe that LD main focus now are only All England titles, World Championship titles, Thomas and Sudirman Cup titles and Olympic gold medal 2012. Thats why he only play very few events this year and so on to focus on these important titles and keep him in prime shape and try to become the first MS to win gold medal second time in a row in Olympic 2012.

Cause when anybody and everybody who love badminton talk about one player achievement as a badminton legend, is not about how many titles or SS titles you won.

But how many All England, World CH and Olympic medal you won, plus if you also help your country win Thomas, Uber or Sudirman Cup.

Other titles just did not have that important values.

15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu

#155 cooler, Sep 19, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

:) u beginning seeing things more clearly;) Must be from all my persuasions and cattle probbings:D

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

on that part, i give lcw a thumb up for not bailing out of walking out. He said he'd try his best and he did what he said.;)

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

on that part, i give lcw a thumb up for not bailing out of walking out. He said he tried his best and he did what he said. i think he stay on the 3rd set for his fans;)

#158 cooler, Sep 19, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

but by keep playing more tourneys, he can retain WR #1 longer;)

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

ld just want to entertain the home crowd to boost excitement. Running over every opponents can be boring to watch u know:D I've said it b4 LD has more gears than other players, he just need to time his gearing selection;)