LCW VS LD in China Masters SF

Discussion in 'China Masters / Japan Open 2009' started by danielwong, Sep 18, 2009.

1. alexyong

alexyong Regular Member

Stop giving excuses, if he knew he got injury then why still want to participate and not rest at home? If this is true then he is simply insulting badminton and his opponents. Like it or not, a lose is a lose.

2. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

LCW did nothing wrong, just not as good as LD....

3. Eferata

Eferata Regular Member

Programmer
    think you post just to argue. haven't you been taught that giving in the best in every sport is called sportmanship and not insulting. Don't tell eveybody that you do not know what is sportmanship and what is insult.. hmmmmm...

4. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

... or he should give up at 11:7, no need to stay on the court for another 10:0...:mad:

5. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

then you know nothing about sports... this is digging your worst, not giving your best...

in every sport, if it is really a serious injury, and did come to a point that he could not play, he should seek treatment (like Nadal taken the rest for few months... even losing his WR#1 by doing so...)... this is also common during football match, injured players were substituted...

it's just a game, no need to put your leg or life at stake...

6. alexyong

alexyong Regular Member

No, i was disgruntled by you CW fans defending him vehemently and keep giving lame excuses.

Giving the best? While being injured? So it's like last time he blame on food poisoning, blame on not well prepared etc. All these are insults to badminton and furthermore to the player. If you're not well prepared and 100% in condition, it's best to just not play at all.

#126 alexyong, Sep 19, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  7. justme_manda

justme_manda Regular Member

Education
    I'm not a fan of LCW but in fact, I admire Lin Dan's play. But i think LCW has put in his best for at least the first 2 sets. That is what we call sportmanship. He tried but yet he failed. So shouldn't we gave him some credit?? How can you call it an insult?

8. Eferata

Eferata Regular Member

Programmer
    you sure i do not know sports? can't he play at the beginning? He is trying his best to the point that if he cannot take it he just give up... Same as some of us... If it is to the extend that if he don't rest then he will not be able to play forever anymore then i agree with you. but is this the case?

9. wenbodu

wenbodu Regular Member

Student
    Everyone gives excuses, like being "injured", having a bad day, being unlucky, etc. You know why? Because it's much easier to give excuses than to admit that the other guy is better than you. No disrespect to LCW who is a great player, but LD is simply better. His repeated domination in their head-to-head results has proven this.

10. chen0019

chen0019 Regular Member

Wish to LCW to be in better form when he meets LD next time. After all, he is still the person that has the best chance to beat LD currently in the world.

11. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    'Injury' is the most common excuse for losing a game by players, especially when DLCW lost to LD. Others such as off-form, linesman acted unprofessionally and LYB's threaten words also being as an excuse for lost the game.

12. benjamin59

benjamin59 Regular Member

technician
    Look at PG while he was still suffering from migraine he never gave up and fight to the end. There are many sportsmen while injured played their best till the last point. That's the spirit of a great sportsman.
    Whether injured or not LCW lacks something that can push him beyond LD.
    I just hope he withdraw from Japan Open otherwise he will be targeted in this forum.

13. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Haha..

If we do not have any world's ranking/lower than the player, means that we cant made comments on him/her? What logic is this?

Btw, 'PUI' is using to express the dissapointment of our beloved player on his poor performance. A very heart-breaking results, again.

14. yd0911

yd0911 Regular Member

badminton observer
    What do you mean targeted? I think many people here like LCW.

15. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

as usual, this 2 players matches results outcome will became a hot issue here everytime:D
    lol

16. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    DLCW has 90% to win title, provided that LD did not participate in that particulars event. If LD there, the chances of DLCW being crowned champion. i am afraid is 0%.

17. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

so will u be the one replacing him as mas wr1 number after this?;)
    u sure u can beat lin dan?

18. benjamin59

technician
    Giving his best for the first 2 sets and then simply handing the third in such fashion is just a big let down. If he fight on like PSH in the quarterfinal I will gave him a standing ovation. Only a wimp will take the easy way out injured or otherwise.

19. benjamin59

technician
    If he didn't withdraw from the Japan open then his excuse for losing in the rubber due to his knee problem would not hold water.

20. terumaya

terumaya Regular Member

Aerospace Engineer
    if u guys think abt LD's interviews, he always say wat he didnt do so well in the games, no matter how easy the win is, or if he has got the champion, he always focuses on finding his own weakness, and overcome it, like in 2005 when he loss to taufik, he was totally outplayed at net at that time, but now, he is one of the best net player for men singles, that is the right sportsmanship, and i think that is his secret to be the best player in the world