Lee Yong Dae ( 이용대 / 李龍大)

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by taufik_lin16, Jul 14, 2006.

1. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Sorry, to my view,

the KOR duo was not usual as they did at AE 2008 or Thomas Cup 2008. After JJS's absence for a while, still the partnership suffers from a bit off-balance. In those times, JJS had said his condition was more than 100% and he has said recently he's giving best efforts to raise it to that times.

On the contrary,

CY/FHF did their plays at the same pace as usual even with improved defenses.

:)

2. Sabby

Sabby Regular Member

student
    i agree with u narnia....

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

How to efficiently bring out the best of Yong Dae playing in 2 events..

..okay, i've mentioned this in one of the 2009 WC threads & we've heard this notion being brought up before.
    Okay, he's won the OG XD title and the AE MD title.
    But now, after his 2nd WC Finals defeat in the MD Final and his failure to reach the Finals Rd. in the XD event, i just wonder what should Yong Dae do to play with more efficiency, bring out his full potential and finally win the the sought after WC title? And to an extent, can LYD one day win both the XD & MD titles, at the same time, in one of the major tourneys?
    Some would say, he shouldn't have any gripes should he fail to win those titles because he chooses to play in both events.

Does he & the coaching staff need to:
    1. Find a better XD partner to complement him, eventhough the KOR squad doesn't really have any other dependable female XD player as LHJ?
    2. Drop XD altogether and focus on the MD event?
    3. Find a better MD partner to complement him?
    4. Drop MD altogether and focus on the XD event?
    5. Or other suggestion?

#2403 ctjcad, Aug 17, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  4. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Place him in the singles, if he's really that good, there is no need for a partner, no matter it's a male or female.

Cannot imagine that Rexy is the coach of Malaysia doubles, there's no wonder Malaysia cannot win!!!

It's normal for us as fans, to say such words towards LYD or any players, but for the coach of Malaysia doubles, Rexy is such an inferior person. He's looking for exceuse of his failure, or what?

as a coach hired by Malaysia team, and of course, paid by Malaysia, he's exclusive job is to make Malaysia doubles win. Like the CEO of a company, the exclusive job is to push the company's stock price up. Their job determines that he cannot "stood in awe over" their competitors power. He cannot even "stood in awe over" their competitors in mind, even he does because of his weakness, he cannot speak out especially from both a moral or intelligence point of view.

In fact, LYD is not invincible at all, He has lost all 6 times encounters with MJ/ZB. He has been defeated by many other MD also, even this year, 3 times to CY/FHF, even lost to XC/GZD who ranked below 100.

as a fan, Rexy is naive, as the Malaysia doubles coach, Rexy is unmoral, stupid and disgusting!

5. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    It's called respect ;);)...not giving up or anything.

6. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    No! It's not just respect!

Respect to opponents is needed, but what Rexy had was not just respect. Instead it's opposite, where is his respect to his own players ???

He stood in awe, overwhelmed by his employer's opponent's charisma and strength, it's obviously that Rexy was filled with fear, surprises (means unprepared) and totally failure. It's obviously not just respect. It's a fear that he knew himself impotent, it's a surprise he felt beyong his capability. It's a typical feeling of the losing coaches: they cannot see the merits of their own players, they always complain they don't have players as good as their competitors.

The fact is: both KKK and TBH are the most gifted players, they have been ruined by such a coach named Rexy.

If you remember my post 2 years ago, when KKK/TBH swept all titles including all England, I had predicted they would be ruined by Rexy. Why? First, Rexy was first, at the begining, against KKK playing with TBH, then after KKK/TBH's success, he punished the best MD in the world for "not training hard", when he taught them that only Rexy was the King, which's the only thing he can teach, KKK/TBH lost their character for becoming the king.

#2406 2cents, Aug 17, 2009
  7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-It's all about R-E-S-P-E-C-T..

- Where was Rexy's respect to his own players? Here they are:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70355&page=11 (post #171)

And i quote:
    "...He was full of praise for his players yesterday. Instead he shared in the disappointment of his charges over their close defeats.
    “Our players played so well today. They fought for every point, showed great determination but still, the match did not favour them. I feel sad for them,” said Rexy.

“Our players are just simply unlucky when it comes to big events. I know, they tried so hard and I am proud of the way they played.
    ...”

- That quote was simply Rexy's acknowledgement of how LYD performed despite playing in 2 events. Just imagine if KKK was in LYD's shoes and Rexy was the INA coach. Is Rexy still "naive, immoral, stupid and disgusting"??.. :confused:

- Players decide the ultimate outcome of their match. Not the coach. Even if KKK & TBH were to have a different coach in the future, their success will hinge on themselves/their effort, not the coach.

#2407 ctjcad, Aug 17, 2009
  8. k_sakic

k_sakic Regular Member

I agree with ctjcad fully on this one...rexy respects his own players and lyd

9. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Hell yes!! The XD partner will take a while to mature but will benefit LYD and KOR in the longer term. I can imagine the devastation if LYD is paired with a XD player who can keep up with him. LHJ is slowing down each time I see her.

Indeed. Same thing happens when LD talks about his opponents. I see it as an extension of confidence. Only the confident dare to extend their respect out loud. Conversely, the less assured will go around chanting "I am not afraid of them".

Rexy, in this case, is confident enough not to need to put down his players' opponents. I think Rexy has produced far better results than the MS coach who was not afraid of any other players including SDK.

10. YeLLoWind

YeLLoWind Regular Member

Unemployment ... *Hopely ended soon*
    its starting to be Rexy's thread now haha ^_^

First about YD's performance in World Champs .. i think it wasn't his best ... i mean, its not worst ... like Narnia said .. maybe its about 80 % or something ... n maybe because of Unluck

but on his new interview on CBS radio .. he said that he satisfied with this result n it was just Unfortunate (i hope i'm not wrong, because i'm using translate google hehe)

about ctjcad Question, i choose the First one .. CHange XD Partner hehe ...I'm DIsagree when he play single or only Xd or MD .. Too Talented to Play only in 1 category

^_^

Hwaiting Yong Dae ...

About REXY, no comment ... i think it's not the right thread to talk about him .. or bashing him ... We have to respect all players include their coach (is this thing not mention in forum rules??)

11. cherry_cupcakes

cherry_cupcakes Regular Member

employee
    is rexy or lyd forum? heheh...

hi all,

im a newbie, definetely big fans of lyd.
    too bad he didnt win in WC 09, maybe sometime next year since he's still young and very talented... :)

anyway, what's next tournament ? cant wait to see him play again and again and again... :D

anyway good to know you all, finally found ppl whom i can talk about badminton day and night ! hehehe...

12. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    respect is what you earn, humiliation is what you give

13. vanxiaoyi

vanxiaoyi Regular Member

Student
    LYD's next tournament is the Chinese Taipei Open :D

14. vanxiaoyi

vanxiaoyi Regular Member

Student
    well, i agree with what 2cents said, he should be in MS because he has a very great talent, but, i was thinking about what Yellowind said too,he can and he should play twice, in XD and MD, and it is also a good idea to replace LHJ, i think her performance is decreasing, hmmmm :confused:

15. ytyang

ytyang Regular Member

Let me raise a question:
    What is more likely for LYD to get a Gold in 2012 OG:
    1. playing MD
    2. playing MS against Super Dan

Should he play dual events? Only LYD can decide for himself,
    09 WC outcome may be a good indicator.

16. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

I think LYD played pretty well through out the MD final, it is rather JJS that couldn't hold his nerve and made too many unnecessary mistake. But that's was a really really close game.

LYD is still young to play dual events.

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

LYD's next target in the Olympics..

..IMO, is to secure the MD title, as he already secured the XD OG title nicely in his back pocket. If he can win both titles in the next OG, that'll be an extra bonus.

What he needs to secure next, IMO, is the WC title, in either event. A win in both events, in any of the 3 major tourneys, will be a big bonus. Winning both events in a single major tourney, let alone a tourney, is a rare feat & definitely not easy. But with his age, the right partnership and luck (in the draws), he could do it.

IMO, if he wants to have continued success in both events, he needs to have a reliable partner in each discipline. In recent history, for a male player, only Kim Dong Moon can deliver consistent results playing in 2 events. But then he had the ever-presence Ra Kyung-Min and the ever-imposing Ha Tae Kwon to complement him in each event.

#2417 ctjcad, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  18. ytyang

ytyang Regular Member

I have no doubt that LYD can play both events and still
    be a medal contender. As you pointed out, there are too
    many if's to win both titles in a highly competitive
    tourment. Fatigue could fail him at the final critical
    moment in either event or both. :crying:

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Thus..^^

..a reliable partner, in each discipline, is required if fatigue could be cited as the main reason. Either that or he focuses on 1 discipline only.

20. ytyang

ytyang Regular Member

I don't think LYD needs a new MD partner. Overall JJS played quite
    well in the WC final game. Alough he made more errors, that's
    understandable as both teams were attacking the weaker link.
    FHF also took the most shots. If FHF can improe, so can JJS.