How did your rackets break?

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by yy_ling, Oct 18, 2006.

1. green.blood

green.blood Regular Member

Feather basher
    In 1995 there were 'Only One' brand rackets. Broke it during a match when the shaft clashed with my knee. It was only about 2~3 months old.

2. bachan50

bachan50 New Member

3. pickles8768

pickles8768 Regular Member

tennis coach
    a MP21 broke when i was using it as a backup when my strings broke at practice, i mishit the bird on a smash and cracked it at the 2 o'clock

a NS9000 also cracked on a smash mishit but this time at the 2 and 9 oclock, the 9 oclock was odd, and i also got bored one day and sawed the racket in half to see the inside, turns out theirs actually very very light foam inside , the SFC i think its called. couldnt find any "elastic Ti" though

recently, actually few days ago i broke a woven 7 hitting it on my calf, i usually never ever hit my calf because it's stupid, if i ever abuse my racket i usually throw it in the net and then catch it, i was surprised and very very sad to hear the "crack" of the carbon , at the 2 oclock, i guess i hit my leg harder then i though, was in a tournament and i was up 20-19 in the third game in the semi's, ended up losing 23-21

4. trickflick

trickflick Regular Member

HS
    cheap wilson ti-power

actually had OK performance until a crack starting forming at the 4/5 o'clock region
    the next day, the frame snapped still attached to the strings

5. Scott_G500

Scott_G500 Regular Member

Student
    Yonex AT500 served me well for a few years. Then the frame snapped and I threw on the wall just to finish it off. :)

6. NaVdEep

NaVdEep Regular Member

Business Owner
    Ti-10 died

Just got a Ti-10 3rd generation strung with BG66 at 23 lbs.(my lowest tension ever). Snapped the strings in about 10 mins. of play ran towards my bag to get scissors which took me about 3 secs. and in that time frame, the racket frame started to crack.

GOOD THING It is still in warranty and the tension was also in yonex's recommended range.

7. Nextech0

Nextech0 Regular Member

My very first racket (Some $30 Carlton piece of crap). I twisted my ankle and my friend wanted to try out my racket because I always complained about how bad it was (I was planning to get a new and better racket soon).

Anyway, I don't exactly know what he did. Some strange, between the legs shot. All I know is it looked really stupid and after he missed the bird my racket was bent.

8. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    I was at training last week with my close friend. There is a man who comes and plays and his name is Ian Lai. He is from taiwan and was Junior World champion when he was younger. Not sure what year. He quit international badminton and focused on career and family and moved to australia.

My friend was playing singles and Ian hit a full on smash. My friend defended and the power on his tightly strung strings cracked the racket in 3 places :S

I didnt know it was possible but after seeing it im amazed lol Cant remember what racket it was......Oldschool yonex i think. maybe mp or something

9. NanoBlack

NanoBlack Regular Member

Student
    i broke my nanogreen when i smashed and fell..it hit the floor..and yeah....so now i have no rackets....finding nano titanium currently....

10. phamd124

phamd124 Regular Member

Student
    Broke 3,

1. Wilson Kblade during clash. My Ex really doesn't know how to play! Her AT500 got scratched too. I mean come on! It's actually my racquet!
    2. Wilson Kblade during clash. Maybe it's not my ex. And here I thought they were durable! What's up with that?
    3. Yonex NS9000X during normal play at the frame. Pretty lame actually! Directly at 9 o'clock. Nearly bent in half and scratched me.

11. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Only once i smashed my Racket on the floor ALA MC Enroe.. never want to do that ever since. Was kind out of control. The rest is just clashes.

12. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

playing badminton during PE I was playing and I was on court one down from the wall my PE teacher was overseeing that match I played a lift and my racquet flew out of my hand and smacked the wall narrowly missing my teacher my teacher thought that I did it because I wasn't winning but it turns out that it was 14-2 to me when it happened LOL

Went over to inspect my racquet and was suprised to see there was nothing wrong with it not even a scratch!

Suppse slightly off subject

13. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    My last few yonex rackets broke without any obvious reasons.No clash,basically just because the frame is not strong enough.Like what happend to my 2nd gen ti10,and 900P.Also on my 700old.For my arc10,it broke when the string is broke without any obvious reasons too,NBG98.I found it on out the next day i open my bag.Never really played with it.Darn..never wanna play with NBG98 no more.

14. xiaoheng

xiaoheng Regular Member

broke 2 rackets:(:( one of them crack when restring... another is i mishit on floor when i fell down... R.I.P †:(

15. Dave "sparkey"

Dave "sparkey" Regular Member

engineer
    I bought 2 Yonex arcsaber 7's from a yonex supplier, and after about 7 months of use, both have stress fractures / breaks at the 10 and 2 positions.
    Is this a common faullt with these models? as they are marketted to apparently have a thinner frame dimensions.

ive started using a chinese copy of the yonex armortec 700 ltd, its doing the job until i can get hold of a genuine AT 700

16. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Slightly of topic I suppose as the title says how did your racquet break not your freinds however it is really funny (but not for my freind)
    Freind just bought arc10 brand new he bragged about it all day and then when we got to the court he showed us it
    Great racquet I was thinking so we played a couple of games and then had a break next to the court was a set of double doors with handle that you pull open
    Freind placed his racquet in the two handles (where you pull there is a gap between the handle and the door he balanced it there) obviously trying to be smart
    However he was left in tears as about thirty seconds later the fire alarm went off and his raceuet was still there before anyone could really do anything about four or five people burst through the door snapping the arc10 in half making my friend distrught I felt sorry for him however I wissh I had a video camera

17. mal1988

mal1988 Regular Member

I just broke a 2 day old Yonex Armortec 900 Power.
    Went for a jump smash, got the smash in and somehow in thin air my shaft cracked and now the head and handle are in separate pieces.
    Hopefully since it's 2 days old I'll be able to take it back to the shop for an exchange/RMA.....highly doubt it though.

18. mal1988

mal1988 Regular Member

Wow I am starting to get very very worried about my rackets. I just broke a MP29 after a mishit shuttle cracked my frame at around the 3 'o clock position.
    I now only have an old B460 (which is way too heavy for my liking) and an MP21....both stock strings. Hopefully the store that I returned my broken AT900P will get back to me soon so I can either get a new AT900 or something else, or even 2 rackets if I get a store credit for the value of the AT900. AUD$290/2 = AUD$145, thus I could get 2 decent rackets.

19. jonachin

jonachin Regular Member

architecture
    Lousy Racket....

Broke my racket ARIAL NANO SMASH just with a light drop shot, its cracked at the lower part of the frame which quite near the shaft.supprisingly, saw a transparent plastic sheet inside the hollow frame, this racket used only a few month time and infact i seldom use it to play too cos i have much better quality and good rackets than this, last saturday night just wan try it again who know its just cracked without crashing...my team mates saw it and laughing at it,,,,,,but, wat i know for this brand just cracked without crashing, i am not the 1st victim,,,may be the 4th if i am not wrong.....lousy quality!!!!!!so advise from me is pay a little more to get a better rackets.. dont be a victim like me..:crying::crying::crying:

#119 jonachin, Aug 17, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  20. Wilson Shuttler

Wilson Shuttler Regular Member

n/a
    1 most common reason of racquets breaking

AND THIS GOES FOR ALL OF YOU!! 97% of the time, unless the racquet is made of steel, when you clash racquets with someone, (maybe also when you constantly mishit) a hairline crack forms in the frame, after that, its only a matter of time before the miniscule crack gets bigger and the frame gives way

just thought you ought to know

WShuttler