KKK & TBH - On The Comeback Trail?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Dec 21, 2008.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Off topic-Uhmm..^^

..it was Candra W. & Sigit Budiarto who claimed the MD title in 1997 WC..Tony didn't get his first major individual title (AE) until 1999..

#1001 ctjcad, Aug 15, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  2. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    LOL... thanks for correcting me.;) How could I forget the almighty Sigit. Budiarto. haha

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I tried to stay awake..

..but just couldn't keep up..I probably would've stayed awake if LYD had worn his pink tank top...

KKK & TBH thought they could repeat their performance from a day earlier, but LYD & JJS were just a bit hungrier than them.

#1004 ctjcad, Aug 16, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  5. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    A lost is a lost. No matter how close the match and the score is, it is still a lost.

KKK/TBH is still struggling in recall back their best form.

6. DairyRon

DairyRon Regular Member

Student
    Yes... Lost is a lost 2points away only consider as lost. Because of clear mistake. They are playing well, KKK/TBH could be more better next time :cool:

7. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I think KKK/TBH played well and it was one of their best performance so far. There was errors for sure.. but their movement, coordination and speed was excellent.

8. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

I think TBH is the best player in that match. LYD and JJS failed many times to reply his smashes, and resorted to play push/drives and targeting KKK.

KKK made more mistakes than the Koreans, hence the Koreans won.

9. press100

press100 Regular Member

Science Officer
    Agree with you. TBH was the best player yesterday. Only in the second game, they were lost the control and wasted too many point. Third game was a thriller when they got their best formation but still the luck was on Korean side.:)

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    same from me
    tbh improve very much,i do also think he is the best on court in that match.
    trick,hard smash
    too bad kkk didnt cope the speed and game well

11. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

yep, his smash is really hard already nowadays:cool:
    so, don't pray-pray.:D

He really improve a lot in terms of smash..

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well,tbh already get ride of kkk shadow and prove rexy correct(he had said in pass) that he will be a better player compare to kkk in future.
    anyway,there is a speculation of spliting this pair after ag 2010
    hope they can win as much as they can before that really happen:cool:

13. haifeng4ever

haifeng4ever Regular Member

I can see future in TBH...And as for KKK, he seems to be going nowhere.....

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haha,well
    he really need to improve(kkk),anyway
    rexy will have the way to polish kkk game i think.:)
    he did well on tbh

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

My 2.25 sens...From what i saw in their 09 WC MD Semis match..

..okay, i just watched their match and this is my thought on the match.

1st game: MAS controlled the net play, through lifts for TBH's easy smashes.
    2nd game: KOR controlled the net play a bit, through errors on MAS part. TBH looked uneasy at the net, with quite a few errors @ the net coming from him.
    3rd game: Both pairs abt even in controlling the net. Only difference was in the last 2 decisive pts where TBH once again lost his focus.

IMO, TBH played pretty steady throughout the match, providing the big smashes but was the weak link @ the net & when it mattered most. KKK played okay, a few errors here & there but he was the one setting up quite a few of those easy lifts for TBH to pounce. JJS played okay. I thought he held his poise towards the end of the 3rd game. LYD's net play was okay but made a bit more errors than JJS and looked to be lacking in defense.

Overall, i thought it came down to whichever pair was able to take advantage of the net play. When KKK was @ the front and dominating, MAS had the advantage. And vice versa with the KORs and LYD.
    The match could've really gone either way, if it were not for the last 2 pts of the 3rd game. They were almost like give away pts.

#1015 ctjcad, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  16. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    Koo K K - Tan B H vs Choong T F - Lee W W tommorrow...:)

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    erm,do u count how many winner from tbh for returning the serve?:confused:

18. narnia

narnia Regular Member

This is an analysis from defender's point of view.

You should try it from attacker's point of view because the defense errors generally "forced" by their opponents. In practical sense, there is no "unforced " errors; they make errors by their opponents' direct and indirect pressures.

So, I recommend you to watch it again and check out how their opponents make the winning situations for each rally. That will help you much more in analyzing the games. For that purpose, you should watch each rally in slow mode too.

Enjoy~ :)

#1018 narnia, Aug 22, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Abt the match.."defender's point of view".."attacker's point of view"..

..errm, no, i did not count how many winner(s) TBH produced from returning the serve; i'm sure he did some. I only watched the match once. The only thing i noticed, in that particular match, is when TBH was at the front/net, the MAS pair wasn't doing too good. But when KKK was at the front/net, the MAS pair made more positives. It was esp. glaring in the 2nd game.
    Off topic:
    - My man, i don't know how you define "attacker's point of view" and "defender's point of view". And i don't know in which part of my review is a "defender's point of view". The only view i have is my view of watching the match on my monitor screen.
    - IMO, i know there are "forced" and "unforced" errors, practical sense or not. For example, the last pt of the match, when TBH lifted/cleared the shuttle out, that, IMO, is an "unforced error", despite any direct or indirect pressures from the opponents.
    I would define "forced error" and "unforced error" like this:
    A "forced error" is when someone smashes or drives the shuttle back at you and you either return the shuttle into the net, hit it out of the court, hit it back into your own court or totally missed it. It's a play when one has little or no chance of returning the shuttle back; usually there is more pressure.
    An "unforced error" is when you have a play, unchallenged and you hit the shuttle into the net or out of the court or into your own court. For example, you got a drop shot, your opponent is still in the back, then all you need is a simple net return. You over-played, you tried a fancy move and you hit the shuttle into the net or into your own court or out of the court. Or if one got a lift to the back and one couldn't make a clean hit back into one's opponent's court. It's a play when one has plenty of options and time of returning the shuttle back but fails; usually there is little pressure.
    - Thank you for recommending me to watch the match, AGAIN. However, i don't have the time but i will try to watch it, AGAIN, in the future (to be honest, i'm not really interested in watching it again). I know you will watch it over and over and over...and over again because it's your fave KOR pair who was playing. And no, i'm not interested in watching the match in slo-mo or super slo-mo or extra super slo-mo.
    My review is from a neutral, baddy fan who enjoys a good match and I think my analysis is sound, fair and factual enough.:cool:

#1019 ctjcad, Aug 22, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    1st,we are talking about wc semis right?
    2nd,mas lost 2nd set right?
    and as far as i remember,kkk did A LOT of mistake infront of the net in 2nd set.
    confusing:confused: