Who will win the WS title at the 2009 WC?

Discussion in 'World Championships 2009' started by Oldhand, Jul 21, 2009.

?

Who will win the WS title at the 2009 WC?

Poll closed Aug 9, 2009.
  1. Zhou Mi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Wang Lin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Tine Rasmussen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Wang Yihan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Xie Xingfang

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Saina Nehwal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Lu Lan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Pi Hongyan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Wang Chen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Petya Nedelcheva

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Juliane Schenk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Others

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

:eek: Then I will be a in a dilemma :( Hmm.. but I guess, if XXF can bt ZM, she will bt WYH in the semi final. Otherwise, WYH will bt ZM in the semi final (barring any unforeseen circumstances) :D

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^I knew it..^^

..i knew suetyan will be somewhat in a bind should XXF meet WYH in the Semis.;)
    But my hunch says, if that should happen, my feeling is XXF will give a big "sisterly love" to WYH and let her pass to have a taste at a WC Final appearance. After all, XXF's role is probably to clear out any major obstacles along the way for the rest of her teammates. I think WYH might be lucky as she has XXF, the most experience of the WS players, in her half to possibly eliminate, arguably, CHN WS squad's biggest threat in Zhou Mi.

#42 ctjcad, Jul 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

where is Hwang Hye Young of Korea in the list?:confused:
    madbad, please do something here!!!:p

4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I agree with the above statement, esp China is concerned. And the same with MS where I think they purposely let Lin Dan's ranking drop to benefit Chen Jin so that they are placed in different halves of the draw and may have two chinese players in the final instead of always LD vs LCW in every finals.

Btw, I voted for Tine Rasmussen

5. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I ran through the draw for all 5 categories and notice a lot of byes and this is supposed to be the World Championship. Can anybody tell me why?

6. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Even I concede HHY should not be on the list. But as always, I will be 100% behind her

7. sting1988

sting1988 Regular Member

School
    Wish XXF could do it for the third time!

8. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

China players or ex China players will win this title. If Tine not just back from a injury, she will have good chance too. But she had not play competitive since All England.

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Yes..

..you can read abt the eligibility & qualification rulings, below (or in the link). Basically, this has been the norm before in previous WCs. It depends also if the qualified players/pairs accept or decline the invitation:
    http://internationalbadminton.org/file_download.aspx?id=11654

3.2 Operation
    BWF ranking list date
    3.2.1 The BWF shall publish at least one year before the date of the Championships, the date of the world ranking to be used for deciding eligibility for the Championships. This date for any Championships shall be called the “eligibility date”.
    3.2.2 The BWF ranking list of the eligibility date shall be used to allocate places. Regulations 3.2.3 to 3.2.6 will be considered in turn until a total of 64 players / pairs in each event are allocated, or the entries received have been exhausted.

Players / pairs ranked one to eight
    3.2.3 Players / pairs ranked one to eight in the BWF ranking list for each event will be considered in turn and are eligible to enter unless a total of four players / pairs from any one Member Association would thereby be exceeded in that event. A Member Association may have more than four players / pairs ranked one to eight in the BWF ranking list for a particular event. In such a case, the Member Association can enter any four (or fewer) of such players / pairs.

Players / pairs ranked nine to 24
    3.2.4 Players / pairs ranked nine to 24 in the BWF ranking list for each event will be considered in turn and are eligible to enter unless a total of three players / pairs from any one Member Association would thereby be exceeded in that event.

Players / pairs ranked 25 to 150
    3.2.5 Players / pairs ranked 25 to 150 in the BWF ranking list for each event will be considered in turn and are eligible to enter unless a total of two players / pairs from any one Member Association would thereby be exceeded in that event.

Players / pairs ranked 150 and lower
    3.2.6 After considering the player / pair ranked 150 (Regulation 3.2.5), the players / pairs ranked nine and lower in the BWF ranking list for each event will be considered in turn and are eligible to enter unless a total of four players / pairs from any one Member Association would thereby be exceeded in that event. Players ranked lower than 150 are eligible to enter under this regulation.

Continental representation
    3.2.7 Each of the five BWF Continental Confederations is entitled to be offered representation by at least one player / pair in each event. The players / pairs eligible shall be the appropriate highest-ranked players / pairs in the BWF ranking lists at the eligibility date.
    Such players / pairs count towards the total entries from the particular Member Association concerned.
    3.2.8 If there is no Continental Confederation player / pair in the BWF ranking list of the eligibility date in a particular event, then the player / pair eligible for continental representation shall be the winner(s) of the respective Continental Championships most recently concluded prior to the eligibility date.
    ..both LD and XXF will be 3x WC Singles champs, should they win this yr. And they will try to win the MS & WS title together, for the 2nd time, as "a couple".

#49 ctjcad, Jul 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  10. event

event Regular Member

Well, Hwang Hye Young retired back in '92 after winning gold in the Barcelona Olympics ;). She's been busy for a while grooming a new generation of stars and two of her proteges just reached the semi-finals of the Thai Open.

Hwang Hye Youn will be in Hyderabad, though.

11. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Hey, good spot though!:D

12. nonie

nonie Regular Member

my prediction quarter finals :

zhou mi (1) vs xie xinfang (5)
    wang yi han (4) vs maria kristin (15)
    adrianti firdasari vs tine rassmunsen (3)
    saina nehwal (6) vs wang lin (2)

semi finals

xie xingfang (5) vs maria kristin (15)
    tine rassmunsen (3) vs wang lin (2)

finals

xie xingfang (5) vs tine rassmunsen (3)

and the winners is : TINE RASSMUNSEN

^^

13. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

If MKY managed to beat WYH..........She is ready to take the world crown.........

14. nonie

nonie Regular Member

because maria perna melawan wang yi han and lose in 3 set . saat itu maria sedang injured .. , namun now , injured maria tidak separah kemarin ,,and nonie optimis maria will give suprise in word champions ,, this year

hihi i am sorry ,, i cant speak english ^^

15. Chibot

Chibot Regular Member

I vote for Saina Nehwal.

16. whack_d_net

whack_d_net Regular Member

Student
    Hahaha quite funny post ,-D

Hahaha quite funny post :)
    Nonie lucu bgt!
    Bdw, i wish i am as optimistic as you
    but r8 now, based on her injury + recent condition and such,
    I won't put high hopes on MKY
    just hope she bode well
    she might surprise us all and prove me wrong again, though
    Go mbak jamu! :D
    Go MKY! :):)

17. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Zhou Mi seems ready to take the World Title

Having gone through the probable list, I think ZM has a better chance than other WS aspirants to take the crown.

Yes ZM has grown older especially when compared with the younger talented newcomers like WYH (42 votes), WL (14), LL (4) and SN (9), but she has shown in recent competitions to be quite resilent and strong and being able to match them most of the time.

If ZM can continue to maintain her fitness and composure, with her vast experience at the highest level, this year could be her year of crowning!

Strangely enough, I feel the not-so-young TR (15) could be ZM's (12) stumbling block, not XXF. However I believe TR has not recovered fully from her last injury as we have not seen much of her recently. If TR is unable to perform her best, then ZM should be more than a match for her younger opponents, even the very impressive Saina Nehwal.

I feel WYH is overrated although fans here think she has the overhelming chance to win the title.

Come on ZM! Show us you still have it in you to be World Champion just like ZN has been Olympic Champion even in her mature years. :D

18. nonie

nonie Regular Member

she injury MKY sudah membaik ( good ) PBSI hope MKY bisa give perlawanan ( semangat on fire ,, jdaarrr >__@ ) and ready give kejutan di hiderabat ( india )

mbak jamu ???? so MKY jadi mbok darmi dong >.<

19. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

I agree with the bolded statement ;)

20. vpsingh

vpsingh Regular Member

The IT Guy
    Voted for Saina for two reason -
    1) Am an Indian.
    2) Tired of seeing Chinese winning everything and unlike MS there are no decent challengers here.