Philippine Open - I witnessed some underhanded moves

Discussion in 'Malaysia GP Gold / Philippines Open 2009' started by vip_m, Jul 3, 2009.

1. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    You see the proble here? You debate based on what is apple, what is orange from your point of view. When I try to say, "sir, your apple is actually an orange, and your orange is actually an apple", you tried to used your original biased definition to say I am wrong.

My whole point is, how you say I am wrong, when your definition and my definition is not the same to begin with? :rolleyes:

To me, "gamemanship" is simple as one side use whatever method to gain advantage over the other side during competition. Your definition limit such during actual on court play, but my definition is broader to cover the sport, including event structure and regulation. Why my definition is so wrong when compare to yours? :cool:

2. viver

viver Regular Member

I agree with you - people don't see or don't want to see. Where is the rule that prevents a player to tell the umpire that he/she is not ready? The biggest issue with this post as I see is discrimination - if Chinese players is underhand and unethical, but non Chinese players is OK and legal.

Playing badminton with our friends is one thing, competing in high level tournaments is a totally different thing. Professional players don't care much about the noise. They do care most is the result.

#162 viver, Jul 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  3. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

No, there is no discrimination here....we did complained about it when Eriksen of danmark did it, when Kor team playing tricks in recent Thomas Cup event and even when TH walked away from playing in HK Open also we made noise...so its not only chn players.....but it really looked like always the chn got the complaint is because they were the one who did it most often compared to players from other country........;)...We all love Chn players, we are talking abot the 'wrong' doing here not the nationality of the players...dont get too emotional....

#163 jasonmarc, Jul 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  4. volcom

volcom Regular Member

That's absolutely untrue!
    You may do but others rather see them fall down to pieces and Malaysia to begin to actually win some decent tourneys.

5. viver

viver Regular Member

I am not emotional and the posts against players do not affect me. As I stated in this thread, only Chinese players were at fault. It has been indicated that this 'tactic' was not started by Chinese players, as I can remember.

Now classifying players raising using as an underhand technique without any rule to base on is something that I can't agree with. Badminton like any sport is governed by rules and there are umpires and referees to enforce the rules. You can't say the players did anything wrong when the umpire was present and agree the the players conduct.

If one feels the rules must be amended to make the game fairer, well then write to the competent entities to have it done.

6. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Oh well sir, of course it's cool - Malaysia to take over China's superiority. ( read this and laugh at it, i don't mind. *wink* ). I don't know if this one statement means that we all hate China Players.

7. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Oh,..Volcom, viver...so sorry u all feel that way......:(

8. viver

viver Regular Member

Don't understand what you mean... :confused: But if this issue is too complex for your understanding, we just leave it as it is.;)

#168 viver, Jul 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  9. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I mean.....i m so sorry u and volcom feel that Chn team being discriminated........:rolleyes:

No discrimination here......dont make it too complex...........;)

10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

Well, whether you like or I like does not mean anyone should agree. However, only when the public agree or accept, then it makes into the law book, which enforce for everyone to obey.

Once something is not in the law book, it only represents an individual, or a small group. Nothing can satisfy everyone in the world. So, do you mean as long as someone jumps out and whinning, then, it's "wrong" even if the law book never includes it?

Please do not polish your (or your small group's) own feeling into a god standard. You only represents yourself, not the world. :eek:

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm,then u so sure ur 'apple' is actually the real apple and ur 'orange' is actually the real orange?:cool:

12. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    This topic still haven't end yet? Phil Open is really controversial.

13. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Well, I only try to say, if you want to use the individual action, to reflect the whole team, or even nation's culture (as some posters did), then, the definition of the "gamemanship" as well should be as broad as the entire sport structure, rather than 1 or 2 individual or team. ;)