DRAW Philippines (GP Gold) 2009

Discussion in 'Malaysia GP Gold / Philippines Open 2009' started by setia84, Jun 19, 2009.

1. setia84

setia84 Regular Member

DRAW Philippines (GP Gold) 2009

Attached Files:

2. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    You know, the Philippines better organize a Philippine International Series or International Challenge in addition to this BWF Gold GP event... Looking at this draw, their local players can be wiped out in day one... A country needs real badminton glory [however small] for it to be fanatical about the sport of badminton... Just look at this draw, no way the Philippines can get any glory here... With no glory, no money, and no fame, nobody want to take professional badminton seriously there... :(

IMHO, having a Philippine International Series, will give a chance for players at the level of the Asunctions win the XD title and maybe even the MS and WS... Because Philippine players will encounter mild competition from Brunei, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, and maybe some young up-and-comers from Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Hong Kong, and Taiwan...

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    So much talent but So So So much politics. :)

4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

So many byes in WD and XD disciplines indicate few participant here...
    Unfavourable draw for Nitya/Greysia, they will face Gao Ling/Wei Yili at second round.

5. wierdngifted

wierdngifted Regular Member

artist
    hmm no LCW,KKK&TBH,Lin Dan,Fu & Cai,Kido & Setiawan and the rest of the Korean squad are not joining????!!!!! this is tooo sad....:crying:

I'm not surprise if the pair Gao & Wei will not gonna make it on the last minute......well I hope I am wrong.....:(

6. super daloydoy

super daloydoy Regular Member

nasa loob
    im waiting to watch this event

7. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Well, there has to be some national events. If they have an International Series or Future Series where it is mostly local players, then how is it different from the national events?

IMHO, having a GP Gold Event will allow the spectators to watch high quality badminton and nice-looking players in their own country.

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^I think..^^

..Krisna meant to write, Philippines should have international series/challenge tourneys to provide "mild" competition to the local Philippines' talents. Meaning, just enough international flavor but at the same time just enough chances for the local talents to get titles in order to promote the sport locally.
    A GP or GP Gold tourney's competition will probably be too much to handle for the local Philippines talents.
    National events won't have international/foreign talents.

#8 ctjcad, Jun 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  9. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Winning against a foreigner feels different, you know... The crowd can pool their 'nationalistic' energy on their own player... Oh, and I did not advocate eliminating this Gold GP event, but in my opinion, the Philippines should prioritize an International Series or something in that range... :p

Yes. Exactly! ;)

10. donvito

donvito Regular Member

lawyer
    Yes, Krisna, thank you for the constructive and objective observation! You are 100% right and we hope (and pray) that our badminton leaders :mad:wake up and inspire future Filipino badminton players. Well, as a Filipino badminton addict (otherwise known as a "BADDICT" hehehe :D) we will watch the Philippine Open from DAY 1! We hope to see you there!

11. elmos

elmos Regular Member

Freelance Journalist
    I have to write an article about it, but I must admit there are a lot of names that do not ring a bell...

Although i hope that some local players can advance at least some rounds and surprise us all :)

12. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I see. Good point. I suppose those sort of events would be regional in nature, and we could see a good mix of juniors from MAS, INA, SIN, THA or VIE and maybe national players from LAO, CAM or BRU, perhaps AUS, NZL along with the best from PHI.

This will pique the interest of quite many badminton fans.

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I could foresee the following clashes in MD QF:
    Bona Septano/Mohd Ahsan [1] vs Hendri Kurniawan Saputra/Hendra Wijaya [8]

Choong Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah [4] vs either Shen Ye/Chen Zhiben [6] or Luluk Hadiyanto/Joko Riyadi

Sun Junjie/Tao Jiaming [7] vs either Chan Chong Ming/Chew Choon Eng [3] or Gan Teik Chai/Tan Bin Shen

Hendra A. Gunawan/Alvent Yulianto Chandra [5] vs Rian Sukmawan/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki [2]

Still tough for the 2 Pelatnas pairs: Bona/Ahsan or Rian/Yoke to win a title next week, despite the absence of top pairs. We shall see.....

We shall also see some interesting clashes in XD R16:
    Tontowi Ahmad/Richi Puspita Dili [4] vs Hendra A. Gunawan/Vita Marissa

Fran Kurniawan/Pia Bernadet Zebadiah vs Chen Zhiben/Zhang Jinkang

Mohd Rijal/Debby Susanto has the "best" draw and I expect them to progress to at least SF.

There's a slim chance that the XD pairs can win a title in Manila. The main rivals will be the top 2 seeds from HKG and the young CHN pairs like Zhang Nan/Lu Lu, Qiu Zhihan/Deng Yuting, Chen Zhiben/Zhang Jinkang, and the Asuncion siblings.

In WD:
    Meiliana Jauhari/Shendy Puspa Irawati should progress to the QF if they do turn up. However, they could face either Yoshimi Hataya/Sachiyo Imai or Pia Bernadet Zebadiah/Debby Susanto or Deng Yuting/Lu Lu. My money is on the CHN pair. If Mel/Shendy do win the QF match, then Yang Wei/Zhang Jiewen await in the SF.

Nitya Krishinda Maheswari/Greysia Polii probably have the worst luck in drawing Gao Ling/Wei Yili in R16. Sigh....INA can forget about winning a title in WD.

#13 badMania, Jun 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  14. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Unfortunate draws in WS Qualification as well, with Lindaweni Fanetri drawing Wang Xin, while Rizki Amelia Pradipta facing Li Xuerui. In the Main Draw, Aprilia Yuswandari should clear the first round, but will face the top-seed Zhou Mi in R16.

In MS, Tommy Sugiarto is also unlikely to beat Zhou Wenlong in R32, despite being seeded 5th. Nugroho Andi Saputro will also face Sairul Amar Ayob in R32, while Yoga Pratama has the "best" draw and should progress to R16 where he will face Hu Yun.

15. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Hau-ge complained last week... he said if money is the issue, and the National Team players have to choose 1 tournament between MAS Gold GP and PHI Gold GP, it is better for INA National Team to send Lindaweni, Rizki, and Aprillia to MAS Gold GP... While on the XD part, for example, it makes a lot of sense to go to PHI Gold GP...

16. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I would think that when they submit the names for tournaments, they would have no idea who else would be playing in each tournament.

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

The odd case for our PBSI is that they decide to pull out, only after the draws at both GP Gold events are out :eek: Looking at the draws, indeed, the ones for WS at the MAS GP Gold should be more favorable.

18. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    OOoops, I didn't explain correctly... PBSI National Team already saw the draws of MAS and PHI Gold GP and decided to pull out from just one (out of the 2)... Hau-ge just pointed out that for WS, they pulled out from the wrong tournament... :p

There were some internal miscommunication inside the PBSI body that resulted in this atrocious decision-making... :eek: Anyway, at least, I applaud their decision to send our WD, MD, and XD to Manila... Even though they are not guaranteed to win any title, but they won't be obliterated too early, I believe...

19. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

It worse for the INA's upcoming WD, Anneke Feinya/Anissa Wahyuni & Komala Dewi/Keshya Hanadia.
    They got good draw in MAS but won't play in PHI :mad::mad:

20. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Then maybe our WS and those 2 WD should have just played in MAS, skip PHI... :p Anyway, it is now in the past... Too late to change... Anissa-Feinya and Komala-Kesha should just go to Laos and Indonesia Challenge... More compatible to their current skill and ranking status.