Will Zheng Bo get flamed on chinese badminton forums for AE SF loss?

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009' started by Cheung, Mar 7, 2009.

1. jermaine

jermaine Regular Member

student
    zheng bo was mumbling and giving attitude to his partner like, 'wth cant you make use of those opportunities'.. his smashes didnt do much harm either to the koreans side.

at least he should give advice or smth to his partner rather than blaming her.
    from the way i look at it, they had no chemistry playing together as mixed doubles.

no wonder she cried after losing the match when zhengbo just disappeared away.

2. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Oh haha, I thought you meant the the English ones. I found it quite interesting in most of the matches I saw. I like how Gillian often teams up with former professional players.

3. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

After watching the video, have to say that Ma Jin is quite weak for a Chinese women player. And she tends to stand a bit too far away from the net most of the time causing her net play too defensive. But ZB doesn't earn the right to throw such a hard tantrum at her. Poor girl.

4. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

If I were MJ, I would request for a change in partnership :D

5. volcom

volcom Regular Member

In all due respect, Ma Jin's skills is quite appalling.

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Yeah..

..as it relates to dating or relationship, it's better to separate early than later, eh??..;)

Btw, i wonder if this must be the shortest partnership stint for Zheng Bo? Oh, how he still longs for those playing days with Gao Ling, i can imagine..:cool:

#67 ctjcad, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  7. MSHSBadmPlayer

MSHSBadmPlayer Regular Member

i just finished watching the whole match, and yeah, MJ was the one going "Jia you, jia you" while ZB was... just ZB. there wasn't even any eye contact between them (as pointed out by one of the commentator), much less communication.

8. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Wow, the coach's volume must have been very loud for it to be heard on tv :D

#69 eaglehelang, Mar 8, 2009
  9. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

If I'm not mistaken, GL scolded ZB bf, but with her smiling face. And of course, GL was senior, so ZB had to follow her lead. She did mention before in interviews that she shouldnt be telling ZB what to do all the time.
    Looks like Zb having a hard adjusting his role with his new inexperienced partner.

In any case, it's a tall order for any gal replacing GL to fill GL's shoes.

10. sudirman

sudirman Regular Member

I was there yesterday, ZB couldn't control himself at all, complete loser. I guess he will be kicked out from Chinese national team soon, they have lots of talents no need to rely on ZB.

also he got few titles because of GL of course. people sitting around me (from all over the world) know that.

11. sudirman

sudirman Regular Member

also MJ was crying after the game, all the other Chinese teammates came to support MJ. No one wants to partner ZB any more.

12. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Zheng Bo has been a partner for Gao Ling for quite some time, didn't he?He was a good partner, once.
    When it comes about chemistry, Zheng Bo might had some problem with Ma jin.
    Don't pick on him.

And i'd like to hear Zheng Bo speak out, too.Make it fair, folks.

13. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

i was there and saw the match in person. A few points:

1) Zheng Bo is known to lose his temper anyway, so I doubt anyone really wants to partner with him.
    2) Ma Jin must have been either very nervous or was just not thinking straight (i'd go for the former). I lost count the number of times she could have killed the birdie at the net, but instead, chose to tentatively tap it back over.
    3) Given the number of times MJ failed to seize the aforementioned opportunities, you can see why ZB got frustrated. In fact, I was getting frustrated. The guy was setting up opportunities for MJ time and time again, and MJ was too scared to take them. MJ was more concerned with getting it back over the net cos she was too scared she would net her shots.
    4) Even so, ZB should not have behaved the way he did as his partner is new and inexperienced
    5) Hard to say how good MJ is, because it may be that nerves simply got the better of her in the SF. Her smashes were relatively weak, and during the match I was inclined to think she is physically a rather weak player overall - compared to the likes of the CHN WD players. That's just in terms of her attack. However, I didn't watch her QF, but to beat the Olympic Champs is no mean feat and I hear MJ's defence is what led CHN to the victory.
    6) The Korean pair were solid, particularly the female member. ZB's smashes did not pose too many problems simply because that girl's defence was an absolute brickwall - I'm very impressed by her.

14. willie

willie Regular Member

draftsperson
    I believe ZB partner with Z TingTing too, and that didn't work either. Before that, his MD with Sang Yang also had some problem. His day is numbered.

15. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

No No No. His day is not numbered yet. One more to try. My dream XD pair. ZB + Du Jing !!!!!! :D:D:D They will be the ultimate XD with ZB playing front and DJ back. No one can touch them. At worst, I get to see DJ jump ZB when he yell at hi.......err.....her. I wish CHN will bring out my dream pair. :D:D:D:D:D

16. kimdongmoon

kimdongmoon Regular Member

Sales Executive
    ZB + DJ .... then will become Men's Double arrrrrr

17. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Zheng Bo is so dumb... Ma Jin is so hot, and if I were in ZB's position, I would prefer to work with her to help her improve and continue to work as a pair... just imagine how much better it is to work with a beautiful girl instead of one that is not. If anyone has any doubt about it, just ask Flandy Limpele... he will tell you all about it.;)

Technically, Ma Jin is not YET as good as the likes of Gao Ling, and etc... but that takes time and experience. The point of having Zheng Bo as her partner is so Zheng Bo can help her along the way... not like Ma Jin will help Zheng Bo to become world champion when she is still "fresh" in the international circuit.

#78 bananakid, Mar 8, 2009
  18. Maximum

Maximum Regular Member

student
    haha... I think MJ has pressure to replace GL in this partnership and ZB expects MJ to do what GL does n he get frustrated when MJ didnt meet his expectation... Things will be a little easier for ZB if GL is there... lets give this parnership some time to readjust themselves. afterall, they did showed some good result in the last few tourney, beating some top pairs...
    and yea, i would like to see the combination of ZB and DJ... Must be funny..:):):)

19. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Ok, ZB did the wrong thing, but ZB is not god, and I think we need to give him a break.

Just put any one of us into ZB's shoes, in the AE semi, against relatively no-name players, almost got the ticket to final, but your inexperienced partner makes mistakes one after another... True, if using god standard, we should smile, tap partner on the shoulder, carry her to the victory. However, with maybe once in a life time chance going pass by like this, I wonder how many of us can really be "cool". :cool:

I am not here defend ZB, and encourage him to screaming at his partner. All I am trying to say, is ZB himself, is part of the victim. He lost the match, lost his cool, and lost the heart from the fans and coach. There's no need for us to further peel off the scare, and kick him to the hell. I agree ZB should be given some lecture from the coach, but saying he should be booted out of the team just for that, I do not really agree. In 1 week, ZB with a junior player, got 1 silver medal and 1 SF appearance in AE should be quite impressive. Overall, I think he's done with his job, never to mention they did manage to beat LYD twice.

ZB has temper, and he did the very wrong thing at the very wrong time. However, I seriously believe a good percentage of us will do the same, or even worse, when we face the same situation... :cool: