What book will you recommend??

Discussion in 'Coaching Forum' started by ALERIN, Feb 5, 2009.

1. ALERIN

ALERIN Regular Member

To someone (me :cool:) who want to understand the tactics, and technical aspects to be able to give advice to young players?

Sometimes we are going to competitions but the club coach can not assist so would like to have some knowledge to be able to help players.

No problem with the number of pages, i've lot of time for reading :)

Tks

2. krisss

krisss Regular Member

Theres a lot of books , but nearly half the answers to most of the technical aspects of badminton must be on this forum!

Search around or ask about it :D

3. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Let us be very clear on this-you cannot learn to play badminton from books only. You have to play with players who are better, including players who are or were ex-state or ex-national players and learn from them, or you get a coach. As you progress you can upgrade your coach by being coached by coaches who have played at national or at state levels.
    You can of course refer to books for reference only.

4. krisss

krisss Regular Member

Very true!

The best way to get better is probably with a good coach - no book can offer as much as a coach :D

5. ALERIN

ALERIN Regular Member

please dont get me wron, i`m fully agree with you.

The best is to have a coach, my problem is that sometimes when we go to some competions our coach can not came with us, and it is difficult for me to give some very basic advice to the young players, 11, 12 years old.:(:(

6. Amin Khalili

Amin Khalili Regular Member

Student
    Yeah at least have a very good coach .. but if you get a not good coach you will lost a lot of money!If like that just bought a good book like badminton fire drill and bla bla bla

7. TheBear

TheBear Regular Member

Google search on Jake Downey. A couple of his books have been uploaded (I've lost the links - sorry). They are good reference books and give an insight into what I think the guys here are saying.
    I have to agree though. You can know what it is you should do, but you need a coach to find out why you're not doing it, and to then help you do it correctly.
    Playing with/against better players reminds you of how much more you need to learn, and gives you an opportunity to copy their style or action or movement. Many of the great players started by copying their idols, without fully understanding why.