Korea Open 2009: Day 6 (Finals) Sunday January 18

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2009' started by chris-ccc, Jan 17, 2009.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    2009 Korea Open SS Finals: Article from the Copenhagen Post

From the Copenhagen Post, we have this article;
    Triple Badminton Victory: click here

2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    2009 Korea Open SS Finals: Article from the Donga-A Ilbo

From the Donga-A Ilbo, we have this article;
    Olympic Champs Defend Korea Open Title: click here

3. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    In the same light, can we say that Brazil & Italy 'still haven't yet won' the OG badminton gold as well?:confused:

Dear Mr. Pemuda, please consider where the strength lies, will you?:(

4. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

What happened to your 'give an optimistic tone'?? :eek:

Are you saying it is impossible for Brazil & Italy to win a OG badminton gold?? Before you answer, I want you to think carefully and consider today's movement of resources across countries etc etc.

5. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

To me it is very simple, if Asia is far ahead of Europe as some here says, I would say the definition of 'far ahead' is pretty weak given that the current world rankings in the MS top 10, there are 3 Europeans (1 being in the top 5), WS there are 3 Europeans (1 being in the top 2). 'Far ahead' should be total domination. And in the recent KO, Denmark walked away with 3 titles, if Asia is 'far ahead' what happened at the KO??

The big titles in badminton i.e. Olympic gold, WC & AE have all been won before by shuttlers from Europe. Now, if Asia is really that 'far ahead' wouldnt shuttlers from Europe will hardly have a sniff at the OG, WC & AE???

Erland Kops, Finn Kobero, Morten Frost .... etc, if Asia is that 'far ahead', surely such shuttlers from Europe wont be able to etched their names in badminton history with their titles.

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hehe...they will just keep escape for ur good point and keep attacking on not related thing...;)

7. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Notice the presence of PAST in your statement. I believe we're referring to the present, not looking back to the past.

What's good is ranking if no result is being produced (I believe this is your exact point against LW & MAS WD #1 ranking)? Now, since you seemed to do a complete turn when discussing results here, lets look back for the last 5 year and use as a barometer the tourneys that you yourself used as a measure of great result, WC, OG gold and TC/UC. How many times has the European win anything in those major tourney? Compared to that the Asian's result. What's that if not total domination? :cool:

The result speaks for themselves, of course foolishness will still prevail in some, like using KO as example again despite the lack of China's top dog. (and I could've swear that's the exact reasoning some here used to discredit the SS Finals!). :cool:

#347 badadum, Jan 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  8. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Well as proven in other thread, our little friend here does have a problem with his reading comprehension. Then again, that's maybe by design as well. ;)

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    easy...when mas win without china...keep discredit...when others win without china.keep praising...;)

10. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

What past are you mumbling about? Who walked away with 3 titles in the recently concluded KO?? And boy, do a quick check with the current ranking and see for yourself.

No results being produced??? Again, what are you mumbling about?? Since you are not into the PAST, lets look at recent events then, boy. Who won the WS in the MO & KO?? Who won the MS in the KO?? Who won the MD in the KO??? What complete turn you are mumbling about here?? Where is that total domination, eh?

You are right!!! Foolishness. Spot on, boy! About no Chinese top dogs in the KO, no extra rest day for LCW, LCW tired, Indon shuttlers injured ... poor souls and all, etc etc.

Moan on.

11. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    A-hem!!

Excuse me, Mr. Pemuda.
    In case you don't know (or forget, or don't care, whatever), 'Indon' is not a nice way to address us. :(

C'mon. Just 5/6 more letters. -esian/s. Not a tough thing to do, right?

12. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Now, now before you jump the gun and come up with your own assumption that I either forget, dont care or whatever, I suggest you calm down.

Personally, is 'Indon' a 4-letter word??? I mean, I have Indonesian friends during my student days in Australia and they refer to themselves as Indon/s and they call their language Bahasa Indon.

I googled 'Indon' and cant find that 'it is not a nice way to address Indonesians' (I wonder why my Indonesian buddies in Australia used Indon when it is not a nice thing to say).

But if you are uncomfortable with the word, sure I wont use it here. It will be Indonesian/s then.

Can you at least put on a little smile now?? Not a tough thing to do, right?

13. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    It's Indonesians,Pemuda.
    They didnt like it to be called Indons.Why should u trouble urself?
    I simply put it IndoS.Should be o.k i guess.

14. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

On a side track ...

If its Indonesians then why 'IndoS'?? :eek:

15. badadum

badadum Regular Member

:confused:
    Hmmm, another example of reading comprehension failure? Your example constitues of the great Danish players. The last time the great Dane won OG gold is back in 96...what is that if not the past?
    And who is it again that question LCW and the MAS WD "quality" despite their #1 ranking? If that's the case, then ranking system is not an accurate representation of current situation....why bringing it up here again for and contradict yourself yet again?? :rolleyes:

Hmmm, wasn't it you that measure great result by the number of WC and OG gold? Now you want to change your measurement method since the result is not to your liking??? :rolleyes:
    Again, compare the results of those major events in the last 5 years, and tell me what it is if not complete domination by Asian players!

I believe that's the same exact reason used to discredit the SS Finals's "quality" and winners. Why the double standard??? :confused:

#355 badadum, Jan 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  16. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    at 1.31 am.i dont think ur question worth my effort to write it down,sir.

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haha...then...just go to have a nice rest...kak...sorry for off topic

18. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Dont stray. The point is if Asia is far ahead how come the major titles in badminton i.e. Olympic, WC & AE have been won by European shuttlers? And if Asia is that far ahead, wouldnt the current world ranking be totally dominated by Asians? If Asia is far ahead, how come in the recent MO & KO, Denmark were able to bag numerous titles?

Thats my point.

Who is changing the measurement?? :confused: I have said it numerous times and for the benefit of those who are semi illiterate, I will say it again that the OG gold, WC and AE (dont leave this one out, boy) are the major titles. And these titles have been won by European shuttlers. If Asia is that far ahead, how come European shuttlers are successful in these major events?

And why last 5 years??

Care to explain further how and where is the double standard?

19. badadum

badadum Regular Member

And in comparison, how many of those titles have been won by European compared to Asian shuttlers recently? Still not clear to you the Asian domination so far?
    Ok, you want to use ranking as your argument? Let's see out of the 50 spots in the top 10 of each badminton's area of discipline, the European has exactly 10 spots (no, I'm not including Pi nor Xu Huaiwen since they're chinese player emigrating to Europe instead Europe own homegrown player)...... so 20% (24% if you insist on including Pi and XHW) of the top ranked players are European while the rest = Asian. 1 to 4 ratio there... still want to argue Asians not dominating the ranking? :cool:

LOL, again noticed the word "have been". US players also have won the AE & WC, using your warped reasoning, you will also say that US also not lagging behind Asia in badminton now? :rolleyes:

Why 5 years? Because it'll give a good indicator on how far these trends has persist. But since you're so fixated on recent result, that's fine by me too. Again, lets take your so-called indicator tourneys. How many OG gold, WC and AE the Europeans has won in the last go around of those 3 major tourneys??? Let's see...1 title out of 15, while the other 14 goes to Asian shuttlers...1 vs 14....what's that if not total domination??? Still want to argue that fact? :rolleyes:

My boy, you're way too predictable. Let's see if we can refresh your memory:
    Remember that? Now then, if SS Master final is not a good indicator of one progress nor capability, then how can KO, with even less "big hitters" as participant, is justifiable as an example of one prowess (in this case, the European)???
    Any more flip-flopping you like to perform? :p

20. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

You only look at recent events??? How recent??? Why is that so?

Why is Pi or Xu, not included??? Why singled them out??

Ratio of 1 to 4 is considered far ahead??? You consider that total domination?

You can laugh till the cows come home but its on the record books. They have won em' big titles. So, where is the total domination when throughout history Europe have been successful in em' major events?

How is 5 years be an acceptable gauge?? Shouldnt we look at things in total?
    Can you list down the total OG gold, WC & AE won so that we can see things in total rather than your 5 years??

Thanks.

When will the SSF be held this year?
    Hope that answer your question?