China team withdrew from SS Final

Discussion in 'Super Series Master Finals 2008' started by huangkwokhau, Dec 11, 2008.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

wow, is that true?:eek:
    can he fix my house's broken pipe and big water tank??:p:D:D:rolleyes:

2. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Yes, I was just copying your method and Mr/ Mod came down heavy on me. Your fault, cooler :D:D

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    ya, i don't get the reason why badzine brings up the fixing of 2004 WS to this SS withdraw discussion beside just to promote anger against china (for a different reason). Since china is withdrawing this SS, there is no fixing. Why bring up previous fixing to support a non fixing event??

#163 cooler, Dec 18, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

yes but first he will yell at u for wasting water and poor maintenance upkeep.:p

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

why only fine china team? how about no shows from other countries?? If a policy is unfair or unworkable, should the policy maker is partly to blame??? Even if bwf fine china, so what? China team decision isn't based on money. Instead, BWF should come up with a workable schedule that agreeable by the top badminton nations.

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

can i come in to cool things down?:p:p

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

USDis dropping daily. Ticket will be sold in euro soon:p

8. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

not untill lyb comes my house and fix my damn broken pipe and big water tank:p:p:rolleyes:

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

u know that LYB is too busy to do those laborous tasks, he will send for 1 or 2 of his tomboys to fix your broken tank and pipe, is that ok??:D Caution: these tomboys don't have plumbing license, they might check the wrong water tank and pipe;):p

#169 cooler, Dec 18, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  10. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Folks, it helps to stay on topic :(
    Let's leave Li The Plumber out of this.

11. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    If that's the case, I wonder how come they do not set up an event like "CHN vs. world", regarding badminton. Back then, hockey has "north amercia vs. world" for all star game format, why can not do the same for badminton.

And also why BWF can not watch CHN no 1 against no 2, if they promote this as an individual event? If A and B are the 2 top performers, why we need to care which flags they carry?

In tennis world, ppl love the match between Williams sisters. I never heard any tennis organization reject 1 of the entries, say only 1 player from 1 family? Back then, Samparas and Agarssi (sorry for the mis-spelling) final matches in any grand slam is a classic. I never heard any organization says, "only 1 from each nation", or "we only want to see US no. 1 against other nation's no. 1", "we are not interested to see US no 1 against US no. 2". :confused:

12. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    sigh!

after reading all 11 pages, how come no one seems to know the real reason why china **** up the fans? :confused:

13. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    1. Why we really need to know the reason? Overall, it's their rights to make a decision to attend or not. We can be happy or be sad, but we are not them, and we do not have rights to make a decision for them.

2. When tennis stars or golf stars or whatever decide to withdraw from an event (even at the last meet or on the spot), we do not call them "**** up the fans". Why we have to single them out this time? :rolleyes:

14. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    yeah.. now ld had a bad experience in east malaysia I guess... ;)

15. lin_xingfang

lin_xingfang Regular Member

College Student
    agree with this one...

in fact..they already won 27 SS titles this year in overall...
    so,let them take a rest and wait for their comeback next year and i hope they will become more stronger and stronger...

Seeing CHN Badminton team is just the same with USA Basketball team..
    Almost 10 years ago,which nation who can beat the "almighty USA"??
    but look at the other nation's progress in the last 6 years..one by one,they started to catch up..but USA in other hand..still proves that they are still the best in the world because they realized now that they became a target to defeat ,so they trained harder to become more stronger and stronger...(It had been proved well in the last OG, eventhough Spain & Argentina gave them a really hard time and pressure)

It's the same thing with CHN badminton..
    compared to 2-3 years ago..now,many other nation has their own good player who can prevent the CHN domination to get all the titles at many tournament...

take a look...if 2 years ago,CHN can get 4 titles in WC,the next year only 3..They won 4 titles in AE 2007, this year only 2....in 2006 & 2007, CHN won 4 titles in CM SS , this year..they only won it 2.

u can see that CHN are not that kind of the dominate force in Badminton anymore as before...that's why i kinda support their decision to withdraw from this SS Final and upcoming 2 SS tourneys and because i think they need to refresh their mind and energy to think about next year big project, AE 2009 and Sudirman 2009...

#175 lin_xingfang, Dec 19, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  16. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    "CHN vs The World" would actually be an excellent idea

LazyBuddy ... "CHN vs The World" would be an excellent idea because there will be no CHN players doing battle against each other.

When CHN players are playing against each other (in BWF tournaments), BWF and the world (including some fans of China) have less interest in watching them. This because some CHN players and coaches have told us they fixed their matches to gain maximum benefit for team members. However, it could be different when CHN players are playing each other in non-BWF tournaments, say in their internal Chinese tournaments, which do not carry BWF ranking points.

That's because we know they fight to the end, without planning the outcome of their matches.

Actually, some have found the current 2008 SSF interesting without CHN players. I just left our thread describing the matches in Day 2 of their 'Group Stage'. Lots of excitement and hope were expressed by BCers when finding their country's players making it into the Semi-Finals tomorrow.

Btw, there are ex-CHN players representing other nations in this SSF. But we know each of these players are now playing for themselves/nations, and not just for fellow ex-teammates.

Perhaps, if CHN is again not participating in next year's SSF, more fans/spectators would be thankful for it.

Cheers... chris-ccc

17. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    I think China is very strong in Badminton and infact they are too strong but they dont have the responsibility to make themselves weak.

THE OTHERS NATIONS has the responsibilities to close the gap...

China just cant slow down and let others catch up!

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haha...aiya...relax....just thanks china for giving others player big money...

19. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    yes. a blessing for other players when they don't join. Many thanks to them. Whoever in final sure appreciate it. ;)

20. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

That's true. But that might also because they do not have to worry about "god standard fans" will judge their performance based on their flags. The tennis fans cheer for the players, but not their flags.

It always need two hands to clap. If there's a fight, you can not simply blame one side. If the other side does not respond, there's no fight anyway. ;)