LD vs LCW rematch

Discussion in 'China Open (2) / Hong Kong Open / Vietnam Open 200' started by Vodude, Nov 21, 2008.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

wow, cooler, seems that you are very busy replying in this thread;)
    need some assistant, some help??:cool::D:D
    dont worry, our bc doctor, Doctor Madbad from Hospital BC Madmen is ready for 24 hours;):D

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i was replying to the post that LD and lcw was doing just clearing in one of the rally. It further weaken lcw mentally. Clearing is the simplest and easiest basic stroke, and it was a dare, to see who can clear closest to the back corner, and lcw got suck into that dare AND he lost that dare as well.

did i watch that match.???
    LOL, better yet, I even predicted LD's tactic used before the final.

#82 cooler, Nov 24, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i'm very fine. It seem limsy is the one who need to go to the emergency. He is going berserk:p

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    wah...maybe hauge and............erkherm...;)

5. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

LCW lamented that he didn't have the support of a psychologist & physical trainer after the OG 08 & that sort of affected his performance (besides fatigue) in the JO & FO recently (correct me if I have read wrongly). I think BAM agreed to his request and both were present with him at the China Open. I actually thought that LCW would pull it off at the final. More so when LD has laid off for 3 mths and there was no master Tang and LYB to dagger-eye at LD when he was trailing in the 1st game.
    I hope BAM and the Boleh fans will not be too harsh on LCW for failing again.

6. dassad

dassad Regular Member

developer
    ok Ive bought new shoes
    will try tomorrow to play like LD

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

although LD in his post match interview had said both himself and lcw played slow and lethargically due to lack of training, it is obvious his words is not to belittle lcw since lcw, as printed in the newspaper right after the OG, was eager to train even harder to win at the japan open which i recall TH won that. If LD played lethargically in this china open, well, what can i say about his next improvement.

In the china open MSF, i find lcw played much more effectively and fluidly than the OG MSF. I didn't see the worry face in lcw before the 13 point in 1st set. He smashed hard and varied his shots. Without the OG pressure, i saw both players playing with more diverse shots and more trick shots. A more enjoyable match to watch than the OG MSF.

In the first set, LCW basically led most of the time, before, at and after the 11 point break. i don't recall lcw ever led LD in the OG MSF. It is when LD up the pace around 15 point, LCW didn't up his pace either but did continue to fought hard. The crowd were very quiet between rally and there were lots of ooo and ahhh for both players. The second set, LCW ran out of ideas.

#87 cooler, Nov 24, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Playing Badminton is like playing Chess

True, as many have said... "Playing Badminton is like playing Chess".

If you do this, I will do that. That's the beauty of tactical plays in our beloved game of Badminton.

:):):)

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

almost repeating my words:D
    ------------------------------------------
    BADMINTON: Lin Dan still a class above
    By K.M. Boopathy

2008/11/24

CHINA'S Olympic champion Lin Dan made a triumphant return to the international stage when he thumped World No 1 Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia to win the China Open in Shanghai yesterday. Chong Wei's fiery start failed to rattle Lin Dan, playing in his first tournament since winning Olympic gold in Beijing in August, who won 21-18, 21-9 in 39 minutes.

It was not to be Malaysia's day as earlier women's doubles Wong Pei Tty-Chin Eei crashed to China's Zhang Yawen-Zhao Tingting 21-14, 21-19 in 45 minutes.

The crowd, however, had anticipated an exciting rematch of the Olympics final and for a while, Chong Wei and Lin Dan gave them hope.

In fact, Chong Wei gave the Malaysian camp some hope when he led 7-3 but Lin Dan soon found his rhythm and strung five points to lead 8-7.

The Malaysian, to his credit, didn't panic and kept his composure to again lead 15-12 but his opponent moved up a gear to rattle off four points in a row to regain the lead and take control. LOL, they stole my gearing analogy:eek:
    The second game turned purely academic when Lin Dan raced away to a 11-3 lead and continued his irrepressible form to bag his fourth title of the year.

Chong Wei, in a telephone interview from Shanghai, said Lin Dan was still fast despite competing in his first tournament in three months.

"I played confidently in the beginning and but could not cope with Lin Dan's speed. In fact, I had performed well overall here compared to my previous tournaments," said Chong Wei.
    "I'm still not playing the best I can and reaching the final is a good achievement as I've been struggling a bit. I have not decided on competing in the Hong Kong Open but even if I miss it, I will still be able to maintain the World No 1 position."

Lin Dan earned US$18,500 (RM67,340) while Chong Wei had to be content with US$7,500 (RM27,300).

Pei Tty-Eei Hui, despite their defeat, can walk tall as they will now reach a career high World No 2 this week after an impressive run where they have reached the final of their last three Super Series events.

Olympic champions Lee Yong Dae-Lee Hyo Jung, also playing in their first competition after an absence, beat China's Xu Chen-Zhao Yunlei 21-16, 21-15 for the mixed doubles title.

Yong Dae added the men's doubles title to his collection when he partnered Jung Jae Sung to beat Denmark's Mathias Boe-Carsten Mogensen 17-21, 21-17, 21-13.

RESULTS -- (All Finals) Men's Singles: Lin Dan (Chn) bt Lee Chong Wei (Mas) 21-18, 21-9.

Doubles: Jung Jae Sung-Lee Yong Dae (Kor) bt Mathias Boe-Carsten Mogensen (Den) 17-21, 21-17, 21-13.

Women's Singles: Jiang Yanjiao (Chn) bt Zhu Jingjing (Chn) 21-15, 21-13.

Doubles: Zhang Yawen-Zhao Tingting (Chn) bt Wong Pei Tty-Chin Eei Hui (Mas) 21-14, 21-19.

Mixed Doubles: Lee Yong Dae-Lee Hyo Jung (Kor) bt Xu Chen-Zhao Yunlei 21-16, 21-15.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    © Copyright 2008 The New Straits Times Press (M) Berhad. All rights reserved.

10. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    too bad no rematch in Hong Kong
    have to wait SS Grand Final in Sabah...

11. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

... too bad that LCW (and in fact BAM) just care about the No.1 ranking, instead of his own improvement...
    this actually gives clues that why LCW continue to play in most of the competitions after OG: when LD is on holiday, take the chance to grab more points to arrive No.1 ranking with a good buffer...
    ... this would help BAM as their year-end report could say they accomplished a world No.1 this year...
    that's why BAM kept sending LCW to competitions after competitions...

12. bramyes

bramyes Regular Member

salesman
    LCW vs Marc ZWIEBLER not played ,

LD vs Chen jin final hongkong SS

13. dassad

dassad Regular Member

developer
    LD and Chen jin will be the greatest there?

14. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

dont be so sure about the final yet;)

15. wesoon77

wesoon77 Regular Member

Postgraduate
    not sure whether he is really concerned about the no. 1 ranking. Maybe he intended to answer some of the worries from his fans that he may jeopardise his world ranking by not joining the HK SS. Anyway, I think maybe it's better for LCW to move back to the no.2 spot. Less stress and he can be back to himself. LD is still the best.

16. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

from many media news in the past 2 months, what BAM said was that they really care about the No.1 ranking and like to keep in as long as possible...

I don't mind LCW to be world No.1 if he is really able to win more championships than LD... right now his No.1 is just not justified, it is built on LCW's entering more competitions rather than winning more championships... feel like that he is just a hard-working cow that try to play lion-king via the stupid ranking system (no offence to LCW, just gut feeling...)

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Askng Jonc108 to come out with a better Ranking System

Jonc108 ... We at Badminton Central would like to know your better Ranking System. :rolleyes:;):cool:

#97 chris-ccc, Nov 27, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

if u look at the last 3 months results, a lot players won some kind of titles while LCW can not. So, world ranking #1 status is more of a curse than a blessing.

19. Ajaib

Ajaib Regular Member

Berdagang
    curse for non chinese at no.1 in singles....
    look at ZHOU MI and TINE too.. LOL....

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

good point.
    when u r #1, everybody got their crosshair aimed at you. They would put in extra effort to beat u just for the bragging rights of beating the #1. It goes to show how impressive for LD to hold his #1 ranking for > 2yr

#100 cooler, Nov 27, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2008