Withdrawals from HK SS

Discussion in 'China Open (2) / Hong Kong Open / Vietnam Open 200' started by kevinboy, Nov 23, 2008.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

how sure are you that his injury are coming from his fingernail?;)

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hehe...i mean...i saw in sunday...his fingernail is injured...;)...i not sure if this time...he withdraw bcz of the fingernail pain...:p

3. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    ceh..just prediction
    next time just say prediction
    :mad::mad::mad::mad:

4. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

his heart.... broken.... :D
    never won a title after ranking No.1... and a repeat of OG nightmare last week... :crying:

5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

This is the answer. Two malay press also reported that the physio & tourney doc confirmed LCW had muscle cramps during training. Kosmo reported that LCW also had cramps on his leg shortly before the match with Marc Z started, hence had to withdraw.
    Maybe Hauge/Badmania can confirm this.

The Star Online > Sports
    Thursday November 27, 2008
    Old knee injury haunts Chong Wei at HK Open
    By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: A recurrent knee injury has forced Malaysia’s Lee Chong Wei to withdraw from two tournaments.

The world number one conceded a walkover to Germany’s Marc Zwiebler in the first round of the Hong Kong Open yesterday and he would make a quick return home.

Chong Wei has also made up his mind to skip the premier local tournament, the National Grand Prix Finals, scheduled for Dec 9-13 in Alor Star. With the decision, he will skip the chance to go one better on the record of six national titles he shares with his coach and mentor, Misbun Sidek.

Chong Wei, who crashed to yet another tame defeat by Olympic gold medallist Lin Dan in the China Open final in Shanghai last Sunday, said that he did not want to risk aggravating the injury.

“I picked it up during the China Open. It is an old injury but it is not serious. My coach and I felt that it was best that I give this Hong Kong Open a miss,” said Chong Wei in a telephone interview.

Chong Wei’s priority now is the Super Series Masters Finals, which will be held in Kota Kinabalu from Dec 18-21.

Despite missing the Hong Kong Open, which is the 12th and final round of the Series this year, Chong Wei is assured of a place in the Finals, which feature the top eight ranked players in the Series standings with a condition that each country can only have two qualifiers. Chong Wei is currently the leader in the standings.

“Our GP Finals are too close to the Masters Finals. I need more time to prepare. I have decided not to play in the GP Finals unless the BAM (Badminton Association of Malaysia) change the championships to a later date,” he said.

Choong Wei said that he would be  wiser in facing Lin Dan after suffering two humiliating defeats to the Chinese superstar, the other being in the final of the Beijing Olympics last August.

“At the Olympics, the pressure got to me. This time, I did not play well. But I have learnt a lot from both defeats. My coach and I will work to come up with better strategy to get the better of Lin Dan,” he said.

6. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    wise decision... dont be like WMC that kept playing despite injury... hope datuk could recover before KK final. anyone going to KK next month?:D

7. giant

giant Regular Member

student
    lcw withdraw also..

8. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

there will be no LD vs LCW again... until Super Series Final on December.