Koo Kean Keat & Tan Boon Heong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Mm... If that's so, they'll probably meet MK/HS again. First MD Clash of the Titans after OG.
    Let's see...

2. olympic

olympic Regular Member

I have different point of view.
    Yes,I agree this "achievement" is nothing to be proud of...
    Yes,the top 10 men's doubles pair were not competing in Macau...
    Yes,KKK-TBH's opponent are those 2nd or 3rd level pairs...
    Yes,KKK-TBH must win this title,otherwise it will be a disaster for them...

Whatever it is, so what?!
    KKK-TBH not just defeated the Taiwanese pair but themselves.
    What most important than gain back the once lost confidence and winning touch!

From what I've seen their performance in Macau Open,they are still not at their best but I would say KKK-TBH are improving.Nope,not their skills or tactical terms.It is their positive mindset and attitude.

As we can see in the semis and finals,despite trailing behind at one stage,they were not giving up easily,instead they fought and chased point by point before prevailing.This is what we want to see:the determination of winning!

Don't forget they've just beaten by the young and lower rank Chinese pair in the China Master.Thus,they need the courage to stand up again.And they did it in Macau.It is not just the win or lose in any tournament,it is the whole process.

No one would say KKK-TBH are back at the top but they are on the right track.

3. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    I agree with olympic.

Koo/Tan are no way near their best but I admire how they keep positive and fighting despite trailing in their semi-final and final.

4. victory

victory Regular Member

Yes KKK/TBH are on the right track to go back to the peak. A lot of people scare them when they are at their best. Remember how they thrash any top pairs about 1 1/2 years ago? No wonder so many people don't want to see this pair gain their lethal form again. But KKK/TBH must have believe in themselves and 100% accept and trust their partners. They can come back!

5. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Yours point will be correct, provided that all other top pairs that had been easily beaten by KKK/TBH, their standard did not improved in the past 1 1/2 years ago.

6. olympic

olympic Regular Member

The real big challenge for KKK-TBH will be at the Denmark Open and would be a better indication of whether they were back at their best by retaining their second title.

Besides MK-HS the top seed, Denmark Open will see strong challenges from the Danes and several young Indonesian pairs.KKK-TBH must also take into consideration of the Chinese new scratch combinations,they could be the spoilers too!

I can't wait to see the excitement of the Denmark Open soon!

7. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    we'll jus see how they perform in denmark b4 making anymore comments... but yes, i believe they are on the right track... :D

8. victory

victory Regular Member

Fair enough for you to say that. So far I see only MK/Hendrawan and LYD/JJJ improve the most. Cai Yun /FHF is already at the peak they can't grow further.The best they can do is maintain their form. The dane pairs do not improve that much( strength, skills, speed wise) although they are always very good at tactical play.

Do not forget KKK/TBH are very young that 's why they still have a lot of potential to dig out. They still have steep grow curve.They still have much room to improve! That's why they are still an asset. I suspect that's one of the main reason Rexy and BAM do not want to split them. They rather choose to "mould" them.

I remember Yap Kim Hock once openly compare KKK/TBH to his partnership with Cheah Soon Kit. He said compare to Yap and Cheah who form partnership at about 26 years of age, KKK/TBH became a lethal pair at the age of 22/20 years old. You have to admit that in competitive sport like badminton age alone can be a huge huge advantage!

That is why even though I am equal disappoined with their recent performance just like any other Malaysian, I still concure that they deserve some chances. Not easy to form a young good pair that have the right ingredients to contribute for 5-7 years. Like any other investment, time is money!

I think if they still do not perform up to expectation after 4-5 SS, than Rexy and BAM will have to seriously think of spliting them.

Dato, don't be too hash to the young one. Being demanding and being harsh is two different thing. Don't forget you and I were once young and ignorant! Who knows you were once wearing a lot of bling bling and holding one sexy young thing in your arm while giving comments at the back stage?!:p:D;)

9. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Well said.

Btw, don't be fooled by his name, Dato could be a teenager who's still learning how to communicate efficiently. :rolleyes:

10. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    so robin, we have a dato' even younger then LCW n Nicol??? hahahahahha :D

11. victory

victory Regular Member

Ha Ha that's right!:D;)

12. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    hOW U KNOW? I AM ONLY A 5 YEARS OLD KID.

13. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Japanese pair beat them. An unknown CHN's pair beat them. I cant remember their name BUT i do remember their World Rank - 76TH.

When they grabbed the Macau Open, people start saying that they are back in business. Same thing goes to Taufik Hidayat. NO BIG SUPRISE.

Rather than saying keep giving they chances and chances to prove themselves, we must admit 1 thing, that BAM do not have other pairs that are in the same level with them.

When u are not performing in your company, will your bozz give u chances and chances to prove yourself? I dont know. But i wont give my staff chances by chances, like what BAM had given to this pair.

BAM have to spend money to send them playing in tournament. It is not free. When we have better bet, like Olympic 08, why BAM still want to send them instead of at that particular time, Fairuz/Latif is more suitable in terms of current form and confidence level? Because Rexy wants to give chance to them to prove themselves. And chances keep coming to them.

Macau Open Title is nothing. To prove they are back in top form is too early.

Split them is bad thing that are not acceptance? Then what about CY/FHF?

14. badadum

badadum Regular Member

I never understand all these talks about breaking up KKK/TBH. The retired MAS uncles (LWW/CTF) has produced less in their entire years of partnerships, yet I can't seemed to recall anyone asking for their heads?
    Even the reigning world and OG champ (MK/HS) went through a dry spell in 2007 before winning the WC.... had they been separated I doubt INA would've won the WC nor the OG gold in MD.

15. badadum

badadum Regular Member

That 76th ranked pair also beat China's #1 and World #2 rank MDs..... They also give a good fight to the World #1 MDs.... Maybe they're playing the best badminton ever in their life. Nobody expect the Fuzzy pair to reels in 2 straight SS title, but they did it anyway. Surprise happens.

The JPN pair also beat MK/HS in AE pretty badly, CY/FHF lost to much lower ranked HK pair in AE..... yet, do you hear panic mania over it?

Also, Cai Yun will be 29 in a couple more months. His time is almost up in MDs, yet FHF is only 24. Its time to get FHF new partner to replace CY, and in the same time maybe get CY to tutor another double player on the remaining time he has.

16. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    What u said is very true but many just can't see things from different angles.

Btw, it looks like Dato has filled in the gap left by Pemuda. If the rest of us can notice something in common in both of them, it's understandable why they are so harsh to Koo/Tan.

17. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    What is the problem of split them?

MK/HS pair - do they have problem with each other, like what happened between Koo & Tan? Arrogant, Big-Head ETC...?

CY/FHF - Altough they (1 are old and another still young) are getting old, they are still one of the best pair in the world. If they are representing malaysia, i dont think BAM will split them like what CHN did. A good example will be The Uncles.

I might not as good as those who really following badminton sports locally and internationally. What i see might not as clear and as professional as some forumer in BC. BUT, what i see is, no matter how talented and how good you are, if u keep on fail to produce good results, then something have to be done. That's it.

18. victory

victory Regular Member

This are good facts and good observations. But maybe nothing short of winning World championship and OG gold can convince Dato to accept KKK/TBH are good MD.

Exactly. For me its ok if Dato criticize this pair and being demanding with the intention to push them to improve themselves. But is seems to me Dato has been harping about changing partner since months back and keep criticizing them even when they show signs of recovery. I really feel puzzled.

Dato, in and out of form for a while is not uncommon in sports. Even we experience up and down moments in our working life and daily life. KKK/TBH are gradually coming out of slump. They may be making big breaks in coming tournaments.

19. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    In fact, it's a common thing in BAM. Refer HH as an example.

How do you define 'a while'? 1.5years is 'a while' for you?

When i said this pair is hopeless, doesnt means that Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong is over. What i mean is 'the pair', not individual. Both players have talents. They should produce good results consistantly based on their capabilities and strength. But why they failed to do so after the tremendous run in year 2007?

20. Isegrim

Isegrim Regular Member

In Tan Boon Heongs thread i got no answer
    so i want to ask here again:

i am not an expert but why do you all say koo kien keat is guilty of causing bad results?
    please explain
    i want to be enlightened :)

thank you!