Need some help here with my racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Faiz95, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Faiz95

Faiz95 Regular Member

For past 6 months, i have been using 6u racket from apacs. Maybe a clone one because i cant find it in apacs official website. Ok that is it. But i feel lacking in my smash when using this racket. So i buy apacs training w-160 for shadow and sometime for drill. Now when I using my 6u racket it feel so light that I have some problem swinging with it and my control have become really miserable. So should i buy a heavier racket or just string it at higher tension ?

2. bjt1

bjt1 Regular Member

with a 6u, its no wonder you smash like a kitten and swing maybe too fast at times. normal racket weighs around 3u/4u with some exceptions like arc fb. If you are serious about improving, find your playstyle, get a racket that suits that style. Higher tension requires more skill, strength and stamina to use.

3. Faiz95

Faiz95 Regular Member

Owh I see. So considering to get new racket, which is better 4u or 3u? I am a double player who like to play drop and net shot. Just occasionally mix some smash between. My current racket is strung at 26lbs and I have no problem in getting injury while playing so i guess it is okay to maintain that tension right ?

4. bjt1

bjt1 Regular Member

it really depends. if u think u are strong and fast enough 3u is fine, but most doubles are played with speed unless you play with beginners so 4u makes more sense. But its the same story, 3u get more power but is slower than 4u, its personal preference. As far as tension goes, its quite experimental, everyone tests different tensions to find their fav.
    Based on what u said, bs 12/arc 11/js 10/nr 900 are the usual highends that come to mind. I suggest you figure out whether u want a head heavy/even balanced or head light racket before that

5. Faiz95

Faiz95 Regular Member

Thank you for that explanation . Maybe I will go to the badminton store later and try first which is better for me either 3u/4u. Maybe I will maintain first the tension at 26lbs to compare the performance with my previous racket. I considering apacs brand because my little budget here .

6. bjt1

bjt1 Regular Member

thats good, but theres a lot of facebook groups selling second hand rackets, some are like brand new at a very good price and most of them are ori. Small budget doesnt mean get a lousy racket :)

Faiz95 and swsh like this.
  7. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    IMO you don't need anything lighter than 4U in badminton. Some 4U frames are so lightning fast, that anything lighter don't make sense. FME if I use a training racket and go back to my go-to I also have slightly issues of timing etc. IMO even to slightly head heavy as 4U and even to headlight 3U will work for doubles. Especially as a front court player.

8. bjt1

bjt1 Regular Member

arcsaber fb and voltric fb user will get triggered lol

9. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Nah, I dind't want to trigger anyone. I demoed the Arc FB and VT FB (both F version). I enjoyed their speed on court, but found lack in most power strokes. I also didn't get a speed boost compared to my 4U JS10. Arc FB was IMO the better racket than the VT FB. The VT FB is IMO an imbalanced frame, but hey, everybody should use what he/she likes.

10. bjt1

bjt1 Regular Member

yeap, going so light you were warned you would gain speed but lose power, up to personal preference

11. Faiz95

Faiz95 Regular Member

Yeah when i started playing i always thought that lighter racket will be better. Of course it is, in term of swing speed but to generate power in the shot is a bit difficult. I mean very hard actually . hahaha

12. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

I think one idea that would be somehow be useful is to have a 4U racket with a heavy head, something along the BP measurements of 305 / 315. Some voltric rackets come to mind:rolleyes:

13. Badminton Racket Review

Badminton Racket Review Regular Member

Have you tried the Babolat I-pulse Gravity or the Kumpoo super light rackets?

14. Singling

Singling New Member

Also, I need help for suggesting. I want to buy a racket for double, and I am looking forward to arcsaber 10. It is a double racket or for single?

15. Badminton Racket Review

That depends on your technique and style. However, based on current technology we would say there are faster, better smashing options than the Arc 10 for doubles. But there are 100's of different rackets out there, so you need to know what works for you in terms of specs to have a good starting point. But off the cuff we can say the ZF2 is better for doubles, particularly the 4u version.

16. Singling

Singling New Member

but i thought that zf2 is not balance, which is only suitable for the people who have a very good technique, a high skilled player? in conclusion, arcsaber 10 is fine for double.

17. Badminton Racket Review

So you would like an even balanced doubles racket? You can try the Babolat I-Pulse range, Kawasaki Magic rail's or Yonex Duora and Nanoray

18. Badminton Racket Review

Arcsaber 10 has been surpassed by loads of different racket

19. dave010

dave010 Regular Member

Yet tons of doubles pros are still using them :p

20. Badminton Racket Review

REally i thought the only recognised doubles using Arc's were using Arc 11's?