E-Link Sports, Singapore, Chris Aw

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by aramistuscany, Jun 16, 2009.

1. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Which manufacturer offers a replacement for overtensioned frames? Sounds like Chris did you a huge favour. Bs12 4u to bs12 3u, not exactly the hugest leap between racquets.
    'Waiting patiently' and you chose to give the bag away and not mention it. Credibility pretty low right now. Maybe you should take your warranty claims to that other shop in future.

I am not put off ordering from Chris in the future.

isben likes this.
  2. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Okay, quick post. I was going to do a long-winded story but don't really have time.

So nearly 3 weeks ago, I ordered a TK Onigiri New from E-Link. They were very easy to deal with, payment was straightforward, email replies were prompt.

However, upon receiving the racket here in Australia, I was shocked to find it NOT in a carboard box. I've ordered dozens of rackets from overseas - especially in the early days of my playing because Yonex and Carlton were the only brands available here in Australia - and they've always been sent in a box.

Anyway, you know what I'm going to say next. I opened the paper wrapping and the racket was snapped.

Long story short, I sent the broken one back in a box, and they shipped me a new racket back in the same box.

Although they took some convincing, Chris and his team did a much better job packing the racket this time, and the new one arrived safely.

----

As far as I'm concerned (and E-Link, please take note) the Gold Standard in dealing with overseas customers and shipping rackets is RKEP Eric. I've lost track of the amount of rackets I've bought from Eric, and he always send you a photo of you goods, they ALWAYS come in a cardboard box, and they ALWAYS arrive safely.

So would I buy a racket from E-Link again? Yes, but take my advice and INSIST on it being sent in a cardboard box. It's insane not to.

pizzaboi and visor like this.
  3. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
  4. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Has anyone experienced shipping issues coming into Canada? Ordered a racquet on January 11th, and it still hasn't came yet. It has arrived in Canada on February 19th, I was thinking probably customs but it's been quite awhile.

5. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Looks like it's been misplaced in customs. I'd give them a call.

6. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    I've tried calling my post office, and Canada posts helpline, they're unable to do anything about it unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Seems like a case of your customs or post office side having a cock up more than the seller..

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

8. MSWJ

MSWJ New Member

Just went this noon since there were so many reviews about this shop and it's near me. Bought 2 victor rackets on clearance since I'm not a pro player just playing leisurely.

Initially he asked me to come back tomorrow however after chatting more he and his Wife began to warm up more. Nice friendly couple who gave me many advices but I have yet to test out on the workmanship and rackets as Victor is a totally new brand to me.

Finally decided on two rackets and chosen the string Color and grips. When collecting however the Color and wrong grip was installed on the rackets. Decided to stay with it.

cj0817 likes this.